Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your team is interested in visiting a Salem, MO area school for a couple of hours to show off your car and gear (helmet, suit, etc.) and explain the sport, answer questions, etc. please contact me.

The non-rally public are often misinformed or do not understand what is required for a car to meet the rules, the safety precautions taken by the teams and event organizers, how you use a route book or stage notes, and that it isn't a (wheel-to-wheel) race. For a lot of these kids it is a thrill to get up close and personal with a real racer.

This is a great opportunity to get people hooked on this form of motorsports and to help grow and continue the sport. It is also a great opportunity to get exposure for your sponsors.

You can contact me via email at [email protected] if you are interested in helping out.

Thank you.

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
I did this the last two years at 100AW, and it was a blast. The kids were super excited, and really enjoyed the car. I had a lot of fun explaining it all to them. The next day at Parc Expose I recognized a lot of the kids with their parents in tow. I wish they did this at every rally.

A word of warning though, be sure to bring some hero cards or similar, or you'll be signing scraps of paper for an hour and a half.

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
...and if you have a 17 and 22 year old in the same car this year, the least you could do is assign them to the high school ;-)

Anyway, if you can do it, I'd highly reccomend it. We had our press guy film the whole thing last year, absolutely fantastic...made for some good laughs in the hotel Thursday night, hehe. You'll also aquire your on fan club. (such as the Chris Rhodes fan club...)

Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
194 Posts
Its well worth the extra time to go out and talk to the kids...... I think we made 100 new rally fans just by that one stop...... It was great to see all of them in force at the park expose :D I wish every rally would do this! Easy way to get more exposure & spectators at events...

Chris Rhodes

·
Registered
117 Posts
>
>dood. How did you get pictures of my Mom?

dood. you're just jealous your mom is one of his sponsors

·
don't lift over crest > dust
302 Posts
You're all wrong, those ladies are actually members of the Cable Rhodes fan club. Same Initials, but definitely a different person.

Cable

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We will need about 7 teams to cover all the schools that have an interest in the rally.

We are sending a letter to each of the school principals that explains the visit with a separate attachment explaining the rally.

We are also inviting the principal or a representative from each school to come join the teams who participate in the press stage (or shakedown stage as some call it) for a ride from the navigator's seat.

I'll provide copies of both the letter and the attachment to each team.

Thanks to all of you who volunteer to visit a school and/or give a thrill to all of our dignitaries at the press stage.

Regards.......
Eileen

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts
Eileen-
I sent you an email, but received no reply...

We will be in town Thursday and may be able to be avail, depending on timeline. Please email me at: jcirisan AT faac DOT com if you want us there.
Thanx

JC
http://www.gnimotorsports.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts