Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been planning a rally in Northeast Iowa for the past few months and I am getting to the a watershed point. First off I would love to have some feedback from competitors as to whether they would be interested in such an event. The rally would be headquartered in Dubuque and have stages run in the hills 30 miles NW of Dubuque. Secondly, as a college student persuing a double major, this rally isn't always the top thing on my list, and to be honest I don't think that I have the time or deep pockets to get this off the ground. I am a relative newbie to rallying, so I have a lot to learn, and in all honesty I would rather organize events than race and I would love to get a start with an event in my home state. So any one from the Midwest who would like to help or want more information I would be more than happy to help you 100%. I am sure Bruce Weinman is rolling his eyes at how slow I am moving, but I have never been someone to jump in feet first. I can be contacted at [email protected] or through my AIM name which can be found in my profile. Thank you very much and have a great day folks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I as well as a number of other Midwestern people would most likely be interested in helping out (and competing). If you post some more of what you're looking for assistance on, that could help as well.

BTW, rallycabal.com is primarily focused on the midwest and may be able to help you find some more people willing to help. It's mostly rallycross based, but there are a few stage rallyer's there and a number of people that would probably be willing to help out.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I haven't looked at the map closely, but this could be a CenDiv event or a MiDiv event...or both, I suppose.

Mike, are you listening?

Bruce

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
Good try Bruce but it is your division. This is either Great River region or Iowa. Not quite sure where the north/south line between those is. Which brings up a point, I think we need to define our geography areas on our region web sites.
Richard
PS: Ask Soutwest Div to help on this rally. Dave or Sasha would love to run up there on the weekend. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, to clarify location the rally would be ran in the land occupied by the Iowa Region of CenDiv, and when I asked for help from people in the Midwest, I meant to say people from the geographical US Midwest. So, I am looking for help from all over CenDiv, Midwest, you name it. With classes getting near to the end I can put some more work into planning. I have made contact with the local chamber of commerce in the county so they should be aware of my plans. After I get some rest I am going to send emails off to the region heads in the area and tell them what is going on. At the moment the main help I am going to need is for someone who experienced in rallying to see if the roads will make for a good rally, and for people to help me talk to the people on the stages and get their permission. That is what I can think of now, if you are interested just reply to the posts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts