Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone;

SpecialStage.com is trying to create a real time, cell phone text messaging system for event information and updates.

If you would like to help us test this new system, please go to our Event Messaging Center and see if your cell phone is compliant with our systems.

http://www.specialstage.com/message_center.asp

Only a limited number of cell phone services are available at this time.

We will be testing the system through out the duration of the Ojibwe Forests ProRally this weekend.

Updates will be made after stages or when interesting new occurs. total number of character that can be sent is very limited, so the messages will be brief. Also, due to the timing of events, and the change in time zones, these messages could come in at late or early morning hours. Please be aware of this.

Again, this is just a test of our new system, and we hope that you will enjoy this new offering.

Jeff Burmeister
SpecialStage.com

·
Registered
483 Posts
Works with Verizon here in SoCal. I agree with the suggestion to make your address as small as possible, Verizon limits message legnth to 160 characters including the "From" address.

-----
the message above is 183 characters...

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
128 Posts
I signed up yesterday and haven't seen a test message yet. I'm on Sprint PCS in NC.

I assumed the email address asked for in the form was simply to allow me to login and edit my profile, not the one for my phone. It appeared you made the phone email address out of the tele number.

Has anyone else had this work on Sprint PCS around the States?

Cheers,

Matthew
www.trirally.com

·
Registered
907 Posts
I have tested the system with Sprint PCS and it worked fine.
I saw your profile and your phone email looks fine as well.

If you go to make changes to your profile you will get another
test message. Try it again.

Just tested AT&T seems ok, let me know if you still have problems.

-george

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yes, it works with Sprint PCS in Cleveland...you also have to have SMS enabled on your account. If you still can't get it to work, shoot me an email and I'll look at it.....

Emmons (DJ) Hathaway (Sprint PCS Switch Technician) :p
PGT 323 GTX #812

·
Registered
907 Posts
do not reply to the messages, as I set the reply to address
as [email protected] to save space, as most cell phones will only take
100 characters.

I anticipate most of the updates to be pretty short.
such as the top 10 OA
or separate message for class leaders
and any interesting news in another message.

-george

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.