Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to justify having my car transported to Wild West and flying up.

Right now I can get airfare for below $250 for a nonstop. Flying would cut out at least two nights of hotels on the road.

I just don't know anything about having a car transported. Do any teams from Southern California have cars going up on multi-car trailers? Or anyone have, or want to get a transporter? What does something like this usually cost?

Thanks,

·
Registered
452 Posts
heya...
when i went down your way to run Rim...
cost me about $400 in gas for a deisel box van
to haul the trailer...

airfare will cost you another $250 or so...

you may be best off just hauling the car up
yourself... should take 20-24 hours...

ping me if you have questions...
good luck and see you there!
Jamie
www.subiegalracing.com
www.subiegal.com

·
straight at T
647 Posts
Two nights of hotels? Nah, nah, that's a 20 hour trip straight through, solo. If you've got someone to come along then it's even easier. One sleeps while one drives. I consider Seattle to SoCal a short easy trip. Just drink plenty of Red Bull!

-DC

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, I Don't have anyone to go with me, my wussie co-driver is flying up. It's not really the 20 hour drive that bothers me, its the extra time I need to be away from work. Depending on what it costs to get the car to WA, I may end up spending the same $$ either way.

We'll see...

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
In the www.icscc.com discussions a transporter is being organized for Seattle? to Thunderhill for the Labour Day weekend, they're surmising about $1000 per car for four cars, less for five. They're including spares and load/unload. That may give a guesstimate on the cost side. Hemming's Motor News has ads for transport companies you could get pricing from.

·
Registered
122 Posts
>Unfortunately, I Don't have anyone to go with me, my wussie
>co-driver is flying up. It's not really the 20 hour drive
>that bothers me, its the extra time I need to be away from
>work. Depending on what it costs to get the car to WA, I
>may end up spending the same $$ either way.
>
>We'll see...
>
>Thanks

wussie co-driver! Who never even fliched when you drove up the berm toward the cliff or when you sheared off the side mirror on the navie's side at Rim. (Why do all 'events' happen on the navie side?) I have to spend 2 days with you in the car for the rally, and you expect me to another 2 days for transport! Can't you figure out, "go North on Interstate 5 until you reach Olympia"! geeeze :p haa haa.

The time away from work is a problem, two more days away from work could mean fewer rallies. The cost to drive (fuel, maint, value of time) is more than flying. Another reason to fly is I want my driver, and me too, well rested before the rally starts so we can perform at our best.

On the other hand, if Gabe doesn't distroy the car, we could go testing on some roads on the way home! :)

Paul Nelson
Gabe's Navie

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
Another
>reason to fly is I want my driver, and me too, well rested
>before the rally starts so we can perform at our best.
Wusssies!!!! Sleep on transits and before you enter the control zones!!!
>On the other hand, if Gabe doesn't distroy the car, we could
>go testing on some roads on the way home! :)
>
>Paul Nelson
>Gabe's Navie

What a bunch of whingers, what did you guys do when events were 2 full days with maybe 6 hours off?

Ever hear of Spa-Sophia-Liege rally?Now those were rallies and those were men!

What will you do if we all go back to the future and start making events longer again?

Drive straight thru, drink esspresso by the quart, you're not driving a GpB car, so staying awake should always be a problem, so a little lost sleep shouldn't be the biggest deal, should it?

Drive the car up!
Silly boys!

John Vanlandingham:p

·
Registered
24 Posts
transporters are very expewnsive. there are several companies on the internet that will give you price quotes. you will probably spend close to a grand just for your car one direction and that doesn't include tools spares ect. good luck

·
Registered
115 Posts
What my silly(silas?) friend silas doesn't know is that there is a good chance that i might be in so. cal around the time that you are trying to leave, and that he might be there with me. if that is the case i am offering to drive your car up a week early, if it is ready.
please contact me for details,
[email protected]

Noah

1 - 9 of 9 Posts