Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
R6 300 FOC!
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For immediate release February 14th, 2006

ATV Productions Secures National Broadcaster for the Canadian Rally Championship Series

VANCOUVER John Lovelace, President and CEO of ATV Productions Ltd., is pleased to announce the Vancouver-based production company has reached an agreement with Chum TV for the national broadcast of the Canadian Rally Championship Series (CRC).

The first season will premiere in September 2006 and run for 26 weeks into 2007. The Canadian Rally Championship Series is being produced by veteran ATV producer, Veeno Dewan.

"We are very pleased to be working with Chum TV because, for this series, we thought a mainstream broadcaster would work better than a cable sports channel. This is a Canadian event featuring cars that can be bought from showroom floors and in our opinion there is interest from a wide audience", said Mr. Lovelace. "Our automotive review show Drivers Seat TV gets excellent numbers on Chum and we expect great things for the fall launch of the Canadian Rally Championship Series", he added.

In December 2005, the Canadian Association of Rallysport (CARS), the sanctioning body for the series, reached a five-year production agreement with ATV. Todays announcement marks the seventh ATV production to be picked up for 2006. Other productions include Wings Over Canada, Drivers Seat TV, South Asian Focus, Discovering Great Towns, Biography Moments, & John Lovelaces Canada.

Mr. Lovelace says international broadcast deals for the CRC in the USA and Europe are pending with announcements expected next month.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Can someone tell me what channels CHUM TV broadcasts on in the Ontario Market. I know City TV and the New VR in Barrie, however I don't get either of these in my current cable package.

It looks like I may have to buy a pack of VCR tapes and get someone in Southern Ontario to tape them for me!

Dave C

·
Itinerant Co-Driver
581 Posts
>Can someone tell me what channels CHUM TV broadcasts on in
>the Ontario Market. I know City TV and the New VR in Barrie,
>however I don't get either of these in my current cable
>package.

"The New VR" has been recently re-branded "A-Channel" (along with all the other "The New __" stations). Here are the Ontario Chum TV stations:

- A-Channel Barrie/Toronto
- A-Channel London
- A-Channel Ottawa
- A-Channel Windsor
- A-Channel Wingham
- City TV Toronto
- CablePulse 24 (Toronto area cable-only news channel)

As I mentioned, "A-Channel Barrie/Toronto" was "The New VR" until recently. "The New NX", "The New PL" and "The New RO" are now also "A-Channel" stations, but I don't know which ones are in which cities. The name switch was recent enough that the old names may show up on you cable or satellite box; in any case, the two letters are the last two letters of the station call sign.

Hope that helps.

Jeff

·
Registered
334 Posts
>Can someone tell me what channels CHUM TV broadcasts on in
>the Ontario Market. I know City TV and the New VR in Barrie,
>however I don't get either of these in my current cable
>package.
>
>It looks like I may have to buy a pack of VCR tapes and get
>someone in Southern Ontario to tape them for me!
>
>Dave C

You should be able to get it I think. Its 1 of 2 stations I get via rabbit ears here. So I am really looking forward to this.

·
Registered
532 Posts
>>Can someone tell me what channels CHUM TV broadcasts on in
>>the Ontario Market. I know City TV and the New VR in Barrie,
>>however I don't get either of these in my current cable
>>package.
>>
>>It looks like I may have to buy a pack of VCR tapes and get
>>someone in Southern Ontario to tape them for me!
>>
>>Dave C
>
>You should be able to get it I think. Its 1 of 2 stations I
>get via rabbit ears here. So I am really looking forward to
>this.
>

Sir X, thanks for the tip, however I am almost twice as far from Barrie as you are so I doubt it will work.

Jeff H. thanks for the list. I am not on Digital Cable and none of those are in my packages.

Dave C

1 - 7 of 7 Posts