Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching the Speed Channel to see who was going to get on the poll for the Watkens Glen race on Sunday and then I went into another room right after I found out and Trackside came on ...they talked about Jeff Hammond being at a rally and commentating...plus getting a ride for which he loved it....then Michael Waltrip talked about how he could not drive a rally car and trust a navaigator looking down at a book and then next thing you know you hit a tree....then Michael would ask "where is this tree in that book"? Then Mike Joy talked about getting a ride in a SCCA Pro Rally car.....he thought it was different and had fun doing it!

Even showed footage of the rally for which I did not get to see until the last moment to tell which one it could have been....must have been the Finland Rally....like I said I came in from another room when they were showing that part....well THANKS NASCAR BUDDIES for the plug.

I grew up in the heart of NASCAR....Concord, NC and some of the guys are classmates from my high school. So between Rally/NASCAR/FORMULA ONE they are all number one in our household for motorsports.

They may show Trackside again later....I do not know if it will be a rerun...but check it out if you can!

Denise McMahon
Chief of Staff
Rim of the World Pro Rally

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
it was pretty cool. dave was talking about this on wind tunnel last night how there are 75% of the nascar fans that wont look at another sport but even then there is millions who will be curious to learn about other sports. they should have told hammond who was in what car though.
greg

·
Registered
213 Posts
At an entrance gate survey once, 50% of NASCAR fans said they came to see good racing, 40% came to see the crashes and 10% came to see somebody die. So, that also tells you something about the psyche of the NASCAR fan..........

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
so it looks like we really only want about 25% of them anyway! that last 10% is kinda scarry.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I was watching the Finland Rally last night, and at one point, while showing I believe Markko's service clock, there was a bobblehead Dave Despain sitting on it! :) And they plugged Dave's show, which was pretty cool.

See, it's like we've infected the Nascar boys with our crazy rally virus! :)

KT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.