Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Memphis Rally Nerd
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not posting this as a truth, but its off of the Speed Channel forums. Supposedly out of a publication called 'BusinessF1'

"It is known that NASCAR did send some high-powered delegations to Europe last summer [2003] to feel out opportunities. One asset they could buy very cheaply is the World Rally Championship. Although everyone denies it, NASCAR ran a slide rule over the numbers and then ran a mile. [NASCAR COO George] Pyne won't comment on the idea that he and Brian France evolved a plan that would involve World Rally changing to a dirt-track stadium style racing. He simply says, "I cannot answer directly."

Rally drivers do it on ANY surface.

·
Flat over crest
303 Posts
Silly me - I thought they were going to make the good ole boys learn how to turn right...on dirt... :D

Scott
www.teamharco.com
Team Harco Motorsports
"Win on Sunday, Sleep on Monday"

·
Trogdor
915 Posts
>Silly me - I thought they were going to make the good ole
>boys learn how to turn right...on dirt... :D
>

You mean like their daddies (err, granddaddies, maybe great-granddaddies?) used to do when they were runnin' shine?

Many early stock-car racers were also moonshiners, or shine runners. Talk about your "real roads, real fast"!

(and then there's the penalties for being caught by the "sweep"! :) )

·
Registered
6 Posts
If Nascar were to have the rights to WRC, Speed might air the rally highlights during prime time rather than replaying the year in racing for what ever other Nascar series that has already been on a dozen times and bump WRC to late night,but to change it to a stadium style series would suck and I don't think that would fly anywhere but in the US.

·
Registered
356 Posts
It's a hoax.

http://insider.speedtv.com/viewtopic.php?t=63059

>Im not posting this as a truth, but its off of the Speed
>Channel forums. Supposedly out of a publication called
>'BusinessF1'
>
>
>
>"It is known that NASCAR did send some high-powered
>delegations to Europe last summer [2003] to feel out
>opportunities. One asset they could buy very cheaply is the
>World Rally Championship. Although everyone denies it, NASCAR
>ran a slide rule over the numbers and then ran a mile. [NASCAR
>COO George] Pyne won't comment on the idea that he and Brian
>France evolved a plan that would involve World Rally changing
>to a dirt-track stadium style racing. He simply says, "I
>cannot answer directly."
>
>Rally drivers do it on ANY surface.

·
codriveur
1,385 Posts
>It's a hoax.
>
>http://insider.speedtv.com/viewtopic.php?t=63059

And, the best thing on that thread is from someone that posts here & there as "rally_x" when they typed...

"I think NASCAR should have its own channel and have the formation of SPEED2 where all the good NASCAR-free shows and races are covered."

If not that I think they could afford their own channel, I have seen the NFL is putting forth an effort with their own TV service.

Bernie

·
SURF!!! I'll cover you myself!
663 Posts
Clickin through the channels last night I saw on Speed this show called "ultimate weekend" or some crap, a dork and his ladyfriend get a weekend at the track while their home gets a reality show type "Nascar Makeover". Really cheezy.

Now they want WRC???

All I can think of is Marlin Brando's last words in Apocolipse know; "the horror, the horror, the horror......

peter:+

·
Registered
500 Posts
>Is it just me, or is the general quality of SpeedTV
>programming in a nosedive right now?

I don't know, but I'm imagining that computer voice...."*BEEP* *BEEP* pull up *BEEP* *BEEP*..."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts