Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now that the rules have been posted, we need a place to discuss any questions we might have about them. I just glanced over the Class descriptions and already see a few problems.

1) 3.2.3.1 "Definition" (a) states that vehicles must be normally aspirated. As this is a subset of 3.2.3 "Modified Classes", this means that all cars runing in the modified classes must be normally aspirated. Obviously this was not the intenet of the rule, but that is what it states.

2) the only place I see for rotaries, according to the rules, is in the Pototype or stock classes. Modified classes state that rotaries are not allowed in Modified2, but the adjusted displacement for a 13b normally aspirated rotary using the stated multipliers (2340cc) is less than the minimum displacement of 2400cc for Modified1.

Make up your mind. is our engine too big and powerful for Modified2 or isn't it? (hint: it's not). if the multiplier is 1.8 and the upper displacement limit is 2400, then we belong in Modified2.

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,633 Posts
Matt:

We appreciate your eagle eye, and even though we employed some outside folks to review, knew that with this first draft, there would be some issues. That's the nature of developing a new ruleset.

Please direct rules discussions to the Rally Sport section of www.nasaforums.com.

Regards,

Wilson

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problem, I didn't expect that the first issue of a new ruleset would be without flaw. I'm sure you will find many more as people read the new rules and apply them to their particular situation. having a few people review the rules is one thing. having a few hundred try to pick them apart is another.

I will copy my post to the NASA forum

1 - 3 of 3 Posts