Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Looks more like an offer to work with others......

To quote:
Regarding the national stage, NASA Rally Sport Principal John K. Shirley added, "We had been working with organizers throughout the US on the formation of the United States Rally ChampionshipSM, or USRCSM, even prior to the SCCA's announcement. While obviously our focus right now will be to accommodate our clubman constituency, in light of the announcement, we certainly are in a go position to work with those and other organizers to keep stage rallying on a national level in addition to our strong regional championships."

Mark B.

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,629 Posts
>Looks more like an offer to work with others......
>
>Mark B.

You are right on the money Mark. We're here to help folks any way we can to keep our sport going.

Since this is the exact same release that was sent out to everbody under the headline "NASA RALLY SPORT ANNOUNCES INTENTION TO CONTINUE INVOLVEMENT IN UNITED STATES STAGE RALLY", on October 5 after the SCCA announcement read into it what you want. Obviously, that site took a different spin and gave it another headline.

See http://www.specialstage.com/forum/cgi-bin/DCForumID2/2925.html

Wilson

*Edit to address Mark's comment.

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
RE: Question re. NASA

Does NASA have an affiliation with ACCUS? I assume it must to be able to put events on the international calendar, I just haven't seen any indication of it. Is it through an agreement with another sanctioning body?

Adrian

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,629 Posts
RE: Question re. NASA

>Does NASA have an affiliation with ACCUS? I assume it must
>to be able to put events on the international calendar, I
>just haven't seen any indication of it. Is it through an
>agreement with another sanctioning body?
>
>Adrian

Adrian:

The international portions of Lauglin and Cherokee have received their FIA sanction through the United States Automobile Club (USAC). CT was not international this year as a cost-cutting measure due to the listing cost, which is substantial. Laughlin this year is FIA sanctioned, with NASA sanctioning the non-international portion of the event.

Wilson

1 - 7 of 7 Posts