Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gancho!!!!
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
maybe somebody that has run some NASA rallies can help me out.... does a nasa car have to go through an anual inspection??? and if so who in the east coast does them??? do you get an assigned number and logbook or do you get a number at every rally. are there any other tech and car related issues that are different from scca. thanx

Lou

·
Registered
245 Posts
As far as I know, cars competing with NASA do need an annual inspection. They accept SCCA and CARS logbooks also. I dont know if they have thier own logbook procedures yet or not. So far Rob's GTX has only competed in NASA events, and it got a brand new SCCA Logbook at Fall Sandhills last year, (which was a NASA event) go figure. Supposedly the SCCA is working on my inspectors license, but who knows when that will come through. I'm planning on continuing to persue it through the Road Racing program. At least they know how to get paper work done... I talked to the NEDiv ClubRally Steward, and he doesn't know of anyone in the DC Region who does rally logbooking. Just south of here you can get in touch with Mark Bowers (who did the GTX) "starion887" on specialstage, or you can try to get in touch with Jeff Smith of Delta V Motorsports in Richmond. I know Rob Bergstrom has contact info for Jeff. Email [email protected].

Nick Polimeni
[email protected]
www.odysseyhouseonline.com
www.hrm-usa.com

760 Posts
RE: NASA info - logbooks

NASA rules do not require annual inspections for cars with NASA logbooks.

NASA accepts cars prepared according to SCCA and CARS rules that
have SCCA and CARS logbooks. Threse cars should adhere to SCCA and CARS rules including the annual inspections where applicable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts