Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

If ya love your sport, if ya love your country, enter Cherokee Trails today! Uncle John and Auntie(?) Kendall need you!

OK, pretty lame I'll admit; however, there have been some late losses of entries from CT, and your presence and participation would really be appreciated to help this event along. I know that you will get lots of real concentrated driving time, and the event format has been set at one day. (See? They listened.)

If you want to see this event go forward and the NASA segment of our sport thrive, then I really would like to see more folks come out. Hey, my job just got eliminated today (for real...no foolin'...bummer) but I am still going to race to support the event. So, some of ya'll who are not on the road to the poor house or perdition like myself should be able to come along and run too.

Regards, and sincerely asking for your support at CT,
Mark B.

·
NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!!
2,835 Posts
What's interesting is that if you look at dollars per MINUTE instead of dollars per MILE, CT is roughly the same amount of rally as STPR, but at half the price!

How can you pass that up? (Well, I'm working it, that's
how I'm passing it up, but how can YOU pass it up!!!)

Cheers yo!
Anders

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,633 Posts
Hey, my job just got eliminated today
>(for real...no foolin'...bummer) but I am still going to
>race to support the event. So, some of ya'll who are not on
>the road to the poor house or perdition like myself should
>be able to come along and run too.

Boy that sucks. Obviously, the current economic climate is having a substantial impact on a lot of folks involved in the sport.

But, on the fun per dollar scale, you really can't pass this up. Come on you NE-DIVers, sack up and come south. There really isn't much of a schedule left for anybody on the East Coast this year, (GNW, Sandhills, and Maine) so you might as well come rally, and salvage what has otherwise been a sh*tty sh*tty year for our sport. You know the roads, you know the event, and you know it is an absolute blast.

Please let John and Kendall know by e-mail or phone that you intend to come.

Very truly yours,

Wilson

·
Registered
10 Posts
> Obviously, the current economic climate is
>having a substantial impact on a lot of folks involved in
>the sport.

Hi All,

Boy is that today's understatement! I have just been on the phone with so many competitors who have expressed their desire to support Cherokee Trails this year but are just financially unable to do so. Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to call. I really appreciate all of the encouragement even if you cannot participate in the NASA events this year. Hang in there because we will have a full series in 2004 of affordable rallies that are built around and for competitors (us).

With the economic situation the way it is, this is not shaping up to be a good Fall season for rally
:(

Kendall

·
Registered
946 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Just got the word from two of the powers-that-be that Cherokee Trails has been cancelled.

Damn...

These guys just can't catch a break, can they?

Oh well...got it penciled in for next March...

Time to start sticking the cash back...ain't going to Vegas for TAM II, so lessee here...Sno*Drift...100 Acre Wood...Cherokee Trails...STPR...LSPR...dayummmm...'04 just might be busy!

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
When you think about it ... holding an FIA sanctioned event that is on the same weekend as another event in the same series, and the same weekend as a PCWRC event that each have a number of scoring drivers competing is not the best move to start with. Throw in the fact that CARS also has a national rally (with pace notes) on that very same weekend and you have to scratch your head.
Political battles aside - going head to head with three other series for competitors is just unwise ... almost as unwise as pulling the plug a week before the event.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Keith,

I think you should check with Terry about the health of your own Canadian Championship.

This has been a very difficult year for everybody involved with stage rallying in North America. Let us hope for a better future for the sport in Canada, USA and Mexico. Let us also think about our friends in Mexico who are working under extreme stress and are still focused on success.

John K. Shirley

1 - 11 of 11 Posts