Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
No!... My left!
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever seen the film on the NARRA Series, that David Ash made in the late 70's posted?
I do not remember the Title, but it was shown in all the top 150 TV markets at the time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think the film is calld " Buffum and Company " I have not seen the film in many many years.
It had some in car footage at Rim of the World. John said " Look at the view " Vicky replied
" OH S**T!" They were making a hairpin turn at a vista and the view was only sky. I would like
to see this film again.

Ken Somewhere between NY and CT

·
It's time for a sexy party!
422 Posts
Also "Rally..The Race Against Time", or something like that, filmed at the Golden West 2000. You can find it on You Tube.
There was another film that I forget the name and have only seen as a film in the late '70's,(this may be the one you're looking for). Haven't seen it on video. Filmed mostly in Michigan. Lots of 510's.
I bet Jimmy knows the name.

Sean Gallagher
2WD Less Traction....More Action!

·
No!... My left!
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is the one that was mostly shot in Michigan at the 20 Stages Rally. It had some other footage that was from another event. I think it was David Ash's push to make a splash about the sport and we all know how that ended.

·
Flat over crest
303 Posts
It is the one that was mostly shot in Michigan at the 20 Stages Rally. It had some other footage that was from another event. I think it was David Ash's push to make a splash about the sport and we all know how that ended.

It was called "Rally Racing Fever". If it's out there - I wouldn't mind obtaining a copy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It was called "Rally Racing Fever". If it's out there - I wouldn't mind obtaining a copy.
Hey, Scott -

I have 2 VHS copies and one Beta copy of Rally Racing Fever within arms reach and was just, earlier today, contemplating whether to burn a DVD on my PC or pay somebody $20 to do it!

Maybe we can work a deal on swapping DVDs, one RRF for one POR History...

Down the road,
Randy Graves

·
Flat over crest
303 Posts
Hey Randy,

Sounds like a fair trade. Give me a little time to figure out if what I have is any good or if I will need to create new ones.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just now watched Rally Racing Fever (to be sure the VHS Tape hasn't disintegrated!). It seems fine. I'll take it in to be transferred to a DVD tomorrow, probably. The commercials are (also) a hoot! I also wish I still had some of my 1978 wild head of hair! If anybody (else) wants a copy of the DVD, let me know.

Down the road...
Randy Graves

1 - 10 of 10 Posts