Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, this is not a "carefully orchestrated firestorm."

I thought I'd share with you the recent rule change requests that I sent to the PRB. I sent each request separately to ease the administrative load at the other end.

If you have suggestions for the PRB, or want to support someone else's ideas, please let the PRB know. Their next big meeting is the Monday after STPR so time is of the essence.

1) Eliminate the five-event minimum for ProRally. If we're counting points from every event, chances are slim that someone who enters four or less could do well in the championship, but if they do manage to do well, we shouldn't bar them from a trophy just because they can't afford to make it to five rallies. This is especially true for left-coasters who must cross the country at least twice to get a shot at the title.

2) Establish the three-tier system without delay. We've all ranted about this before.... it's time we gave the manufacturers their own playground and give back the self-funded National guys a National series.

3) Allow seam-welding in the Production classes

4) Outlaw maps or other navigation aids unless they are made available by the organizer. The Stage Notes model is a good one to use, although Brad added a reasonable addendum: if the organizer says up front you can use USGS Map number XYZ or similar, then it would be consider "organizer approved."

5) Allow Seed FIA, 0, 1 drivers to enter ClubRally events, but without letting them take away trophies, cash, or points from the ClubRally guys.

I don't claim credit for all these ideas.... I simply sent them to the PRB to show that the original requesters are not lone voices in the wilderness but instead have supporters.

---------------------------------------
John Dillon John @ WidgetRacing.com
www.WidgetRacing.com

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Pete Morris (building "Son of CoROLLa"). Sound reasonable to me. Add my name to the lists who agree with you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tell the PRB, not just the SpecialStage audience

Thanks, Pete. It's cool to tell SpecialStage, but it means nothing unless you also tell the PRB. It was made clear at the Rim Town Hall that the PRB wants your input.

>Sound reasonable to me. Add my name
>to the lists who agree with you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
>I thought I'd share with you the recent rule change requests
>that I sent to the PRB. I sent each request separately to
>ease the administrative load at the other end.
>
>If you have suggestions for the PRB, or want to support
>someone else's ideas, please let the PRB know.
Their
>next big meeting is the Monday after STPR so time is of the
>essence.

>5) Allow Seed FIA, 0, 1 drivers to enter ClubRally events,
>but without letting them take away trophies, cash, or points
>from the ClubRally guys.

John;

I like all your suggestions but I would like to ammend the one above.

I like the idea of allowing the highest seeded drivers to drive at Club Events. However, I do not like the idea of an FIA, 0 or 1 seeded driver taking up valuable starting positions from true Club teams. Out here in NEDiv, there has been plenty of discussion about "losing" some local events (STPR and Maine) that either went to a full Pro field with no Club entries or last year at Maine where there were limited Club entires due to entry limits. It would make things worse if the Club events are filled with FIA - 5 seeded drivers and limit the number of events seed 6 - 8 can successfully enter.

So, I would like the proposal to read, "Allow FIA, 0 and 1 seeded drivers enter Club Rally events. These drivers will not score points, trophies, cash or other awards for finishing position. These drivers will also be last to fill event entries. Seeds 2-8 will fill starting positions first with remaining entries being offered to FIA, 0 and 1 seed drivers."

Thanks;

-Ray Jay

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One more

I wrote last night to suggest that the Ramada Express rally would make an awesome National ProRally event. It has the infrastructure, the incredible scenery, marvelous roads, support from the local community, and a solid worker base. Where else can you start at the bottom of the Grand Canyon and race to the top? Where else can service crews hang out at the edge of the Grand Canyon while waiting for the teams to arrive?

Yeah, the transits are long, but you can trailer the cars most of the way. Yeah, it can be cold, muddy, snowy, slushy, icy, but that's no different from Sno*Drift '02 or Oregon Trail '01. Yes, it's kind of late in the season, but it's a wonderful xmas gift -- go racing in Laughlin, then visit Vegas or Phoenix or Blythe for a few days!

There are plenty of hotel rooms in the area, there's an airport across the river and a major airport just up the road in Vegas. If your family members aren't into rally, there are still things to do in town.

I hope the SCCA can work with the organizers to add this to the Pro calendar.

---------------------------------------
John Dillon John @ WidgetRacing.com
www.WidgetRacing.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.