Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
more events.

get the statistics to work in our favor.

have more short and safe events.

the more stage miles we run w/out major incidents the better the risk/reward will look to the insurers.

there should be a rally every weekend somewhere in america from feb. to nov.

how cool would it be to have the possibility to enter 20 rallies a year all w/in a 8-12 hour tow?

this is just pie in the sky ideas here again folks but in my ideal rally world this would be the case.

oh and it would have lots of cars driving sideways in both awd and 2wd layout.

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
>get the statistics to work in our favor.
>
>
>the more stage miles we run w/out major incidents the better
>the risk/reward will look to the insurers.
>

Someone told me it wasn't really the number of stage miles per incident stat that was killing us, but the "good" incident to "bad" incident ratio. In other words, we only report the incidents where someone gets airlifted, so the insurers look and say, "wow, they had four incidents and three required an ambulance." This fellow suggested that we report every little stinking incident we have to dilute that ratio. If you blow an intersection and back up, that's an incident. Hit a squirrel, that's an incident. Stuff it in a snodrift, write a report. The idea is to get 50 of these minor no injury incidents for every big one.

I dunno if this is a good idea or not, but I'm sure some of the organizers or RA/NASA officials would have an idea. Bottom line is if they tell me to write up every little thing at the next event, I will. Of course I could slow down a tenth and not have any incidents in the first place.....

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that sounds good too, the reporting part not the slowing down one...

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
What Dennis says is sort of true...

In the dim, dead past, we only reported incidents where there was an injury...and this led to a bizarre incident/injury ratio. To fix this, we instituted incident reports, but it wasn't clear just what incidents should be reported, and this began to look like we were padding the reports. In recent years, we've required reports for those incidents where there COULD HAVE BEEN an injury...or when the icident rendered the car unable to continue...and we err on the side of caution. When Dennis fell off the mountain in Oregon, it certainly merited a report...the squirrel probably doesn't.

Expect this kind of reporting to continue. It's important to document incidents that DON'T cost the insurance company money, as well as the ones that do.

Bruce

1 - 4 of 4 Posts