Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope no one in the PNW was hiking there today. Anyone out there happen to see any of it in person? Hopefully everyone and their property is ok.

Brandon

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
>Hope no one in the PNW was hiking there today. Anyone out
>there happen to see any of it in person? Hopefully everyone
>and their property is ok.
>
>Brandon
Direct from the field here's our brave reporter;

[http://home.swipnet.se/~w-69321/skriet.jpg]
WE"RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!

John Vanlandingham
Seattle, WA. 98168

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat!
Vive Le Groupe F!

·
Registered
689 Posts
John stop it you're scaring me first you're Ok with Bultacos ,then Jim Jarmasch films, then you know Catch 22 line by line and now what appears to be a Van Haugh or Gogh (however you pronounce it).Make it stop!!!

Tom Grossmann

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Can tell you didn't go to art school Tom, it's an Edvard Munch, the scream;-) that was one of the only lessons I didn't sleep through in Art History:p

Which BTW was stolen recently from a museum in Norway ( in case you missed the news)

That's pretty funny JVL

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
Awfully big jump from 'therorize' and 'may have been linked' to your 'linked'.
Here's what he said himself:
Skriet (norsk= Skrik) är en expressionistisk målning utförd 1893 av Edvard Munch. Många ser det som Munchs viktigaste verk.

>>Ett flertal av Munchs målningar ger uttryck för olika sinnestillstånd, ofta obalanserade och på gränsen till det patologiska.

>>Om Skriet skrev Munch: "Jag stod där, darrande av rädsla. Och jag kände hur ett högljutt, ändlöst skri genomträngde naturen."

Den förtvivlan och fasa som upplevs av gestalten i förgrunden kan förnimmas i landskapet och himmelen, vilka våndas i förtvivlade strimmor av godtyckliga färger - rött, gult och grönt - som om skriet utvidgas i vågor av neurotisk, oresonlig rädsla. Det landskap med en fjord med två skepp som syns i bakgrunden är Oslo, sett från Ekeberg.

The >> reads 'A majority of Munchs paintings give the impression of different states-of-mind, often unbalanced and on the border to the _pathological_'

It goes on: 'Of "the Scream" Munch wrote: "I stood there, shaking of fear. And I felt how a loud, endless scream 'forcedthru' Nature".

Professors of Art may therorize, but I have seen plenty of sundowns on the Västkusten, just south of where he was painting that are as dramatic (storms blow in from the North Atlantic and Arctic pretty darn regularly), and like many Norwegians, Munch was too internalized and just plain NUTS!

See further the Norwegian Knut Hamson _hilarious_ novel of a literally starving 'Artist' called "the Hunger".

Rally content???
That sorta dedication is what is needed to be a top level rallydriver.

John Vanlandingham
Seattle, WA. 98168

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat!
Vive Le Groupe F!

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you think last yrs WW 03 was dusty on the First day.

Think what it would be like to race on Mt. St. Helens ash covered roads

Ha ha ha

·
Registered
967 Posts
>Think what it would be like to race on Mt. St. Helens ash
>covered roads

Sorry, but I drove around in the dust from the last big one, you like the sound of brake squeal? One of these days somebody is going to find some classy 1980 set of wheels with 7k on clock in a barn near Pullman. They'll pull that puppy out and start it up and when they hear the squealing bearings, brakes, etc. it goes right back under the tarp for another 30 years.

Anybody remember the state patrol cruisers with big external air cleaners hanging on the front end? Bet WSP has a warehouse full, just waiting for the next big one.

Jim

·
Registered
223 Posts
Actually, the same day that my team won at cog (go Leon!) I unfortunately found out that my grandfather had died, so as soon as I landed in CA on Monday, I shot off to my relatives in British Columbia and got a very nice view of the mountian in the plane. Coming home on Saturday was ever better- lots of sun, smoke and ashes! F'in amazing!!! Hats off to nature.

Live fast, drive faster!
http://www.rallyestar.com

·
Registered
689 Posts
Hey Morgan , my wife went to art school not me and I know it's not Van Hockkkkkkhh but I can never remember the guys name..... hence the words "appears to be" Art trivia is even more abscure than rally trivia and I can't manage both at the same time.

Tom

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
> Hey Morgan , my wife went to art school not me and I know
>it's not Van Hockkkkkkhh but I can never remember the guys
>name..... hence the words "appears to be" Art trivia is even
>more abscure than rally trivia and I can't manage both at
>the same time.
>
> Tom

I was just teasing you and everyone knows Rally trivia is more important than art trivia;-)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
> Morgan while we are on the subject of Rally trivia; How
>many Cosworth heads did JVL trade for a certain painting.
>
> Tom

Must have slept through that class too

1 - 16 of 16 Posts