·
Sucker for good roads
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the podium for Saturday's rally is:

Jardeval/Trowbridge
Hintz/Hintz
Cavett/Lyden

Very muddy slippery conditions down low, snowing pretty hard at the top, with a little of it actually sticking.

Hood River Rally starts Sunday morning.

Rick and Dave

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Blanchart/Warner report accumulations of snow at the top stages. Says "It was quite fun to run in the snow! There is a team up from California who is running in MUD for the first time ever this weekend, they must be having a blast with all the weather changes we're having!"

McKean had engine problems but claims to be back for sunday.
Lengacher slid off, also had electrical problems. May be back for sunday, no confirmation.
Blakely had a few offs. Time card pulled. He is being allowed to return for sundays stages if he promises to keep it clean.
Bartosek had overheating issues and loss of boost. The starter in the quattro also died on stage and they lost time after a stall. They are working feverishly to mend the car for sunday.
Bosch - one mile into stage 3 heard loud knocking. Motor decided to go on vacation. Probably will not return for sundays stages.

Unofficially: Jardevall 1st, Hintz looks to be 2nd, Cavette 3rd, Thomas 4th, Rodzinski 5th.

Someone made a mistake: they want me to be the Service Area Coordinator tomorrow. HA!

·
Registered
901 Posts
The Mt Hood and Hood River rallies were officially AWESOME!!! :) I went out to have fun, and accomplished my aim 2 miles into the first stage, and it was all fun there on out.

The mud on Saturday was a hoot to drive in; a little unpredictable, gooshy, squooshy, and the only time we almost lost it the road was wide enough and straight enough that after 5 fishtails back and forth, we got it back in hand without going too far into the ditches. That was my only "moment" that concerned Mom and me.

The snow was, I have to say, quite pretty. I enjoyed flying down the road with heavy snowfall occurring; it stopped being pretty when it started coming down more and more and sticking more and more... Mom and Dad had a snowball fight while we were waiting at the tunr-around, and Kevin made a snow man and stuck it on the trunk of my car. It fell off before I made it to start, though. :(

Running in heavily falling snow and fog was interesting; there were times when, no matter what I did with the lights, I still couldn't see much of the road. I took some chances from what I remembered of the road coming up and kept my foot in it. Once we got down far enough, the snow turned to rain and it was no problem to see.

Sunday was sunny, mostly, and nice; the scene of rally cars parked alongside hwy 35, with Mt Hood looming ominously over us all, was an awesome site. Gilhouley Road was great; I personally enjoyed it, well, until we got to the flying finish which was in a really crappy spot. Simon, fix that, would ya? :)

The last three stages, the other direction on Gilhouley, was even more fun than the first 4. It was fun, fun, fun! On the second to last stage, I came into the flying finish 7 seconds after the Wongs did, which made me feel pretty good. Eugene was getting tired, and it had been a long weekend, I'm pretty sure he would have beat me otherwise. The last stage I was momentarily distracted by a bobcat jumping across the stage road in front of me, so lost 3rd to Steve Greer by 1 second overall. It was still cool, to see a bobcat on stage. :)

I wanted to thank all my Production class competitors for a great weekend of competition! Dad and Kevin, Steve and Aaron, Eugene and Felix, and Lou and Randee: You guys ROCK!!!!!! :) It was cool to be competitive with you as much as I was; and you guys are all cool to hang out with, which made it even more fun. :)

And Jamie: thanks for the encouragement! I'm going to beat Steve next time, you watch and see. :) You also rock!!!

Big huge thanks to Simon and ALL the workers (even the ones eating salmon burgers, curry potato salad, and jambalay at the start of 7, 8, and 9 yesterday) for such a great weekend. It was great to see all of you out there, and we appreciate you standing out in the snow and mud and rain and cold for us!

Congrats to Carl and Amity for rocking everyone's world this weekend, it was impressive. Also, congrats to the Hintz bros, Gary and Erik, and the Fling Pu dudes for keeping it fun and doing so well! :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Fling Pu would like to echo all the thanks with lots of !!!! and lots of congratulations to the winners - esp. Grp 5 -- Rick S was awesome as always, and very encouraging to the substitute and novice co-driver (so was everyone, my heartfelt gratitude) -- McKean was crazy-driving and obviously successful, amazing to watch. Doug and Dan -- you guys ROCK and thanks for the help to our novice Service Crew, too. it was SOOOO much fun, even with Ben's broken hand, Rob's burned butt (can I say that here??) and Shadd's poor stupid co-driver's mistakes (Kala! we MISSED you!!) we had an unequivocal BLAST of fun.

My special thanks to the lovely red-headed lady whose name I shamefully don't know, but who took the time to explain what I did wrong on my timecard -- and if anyone knows the lady I mean (Kristen? maybe you know her?) I'd love to know so I can call and thank her myself, and apologize for being an emotional idiot (in addition to math challenged) -- anyway. thanks to everyone, it were a terrific rally!

Fling Pu's mama-san

·
Lost....We're not lost
419 Posts
>My special thanks to the lovely red-headed lady whose name I
>shamefully don't know, but who took the time to explain what
>I did wrong on my timecard -- and if anyone knows the lady I
>mean (Kristen? maybe you know her?) I'd love to know so I
>can call and thank her myself, and apologize for being an
>emotional idiot (in addition to math challenged) -- anyway.
>thanks to everyone, it were a terrific rally!
>
>Fling Pu's mama-san

You are very welcome Pat. :) If you ever need anything, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Teresa

·
Registered
901 Posts
Mama-san, it was Teresa, who usually co-drives for Gary Rea and used to co-drive for Charles before Lou bought his MR2... she's knows the particular challenges new co-drivers face!

Mom and I had a blast hanging with Fling Pu and Ben.... dang... I totally respect your driving with a casted hand... hope your shoulder feels better soon! :)

Mad Uncle Mike: the mud was really gross. Slimey, gooshy, slippy, icky, but lots of fun to drive the Nissan in. I think I had more fun here than at Dryad Quest, and definitely more fun than at Wild West!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts