Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Lake Superior Region
106 Posts
ditto what Daphne said. I remember a parc expose' in Calumet during LSPR and listening to my then 13 year old daughter complain that there was nothing relevant for girls, that this was "a guy thing". Imagine her surprize and utter joy when she saw a certain rally competitor drive by with a (now oft repeated in our house)phrase under the rear window that read: "GIRLS KICK BUTT !!" Needless to say it rearranged her perspective.

Rally On!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Thanks, everyone!

I found that website while looking for relevant stuff on the web -- no, really, it was work-related! :) I noticed that they didn't have anything about rally or girls in rally, so I emailed the owner and asked if she wanted anything about rally. And she said of course! :) The website also has a lot of good info regarding sponsorship, and it's applicable to anyone, male or female, although skewed towards the other race crowds. Rally's a little harder to market, but the basic principles are the same.

All you Rallychicks, send your bios in to racerchicks.com! :)

I'm planning a follow-up article about my family and experiences personally in rally, and hopefully it will be as well received as my first one was. I've never done any "professional" writing before, or writing for a cause such as rally, but hey: it's something I'm passionate about, and I hope I got that across okay.

:) Rally needs more women!!! :)

KT

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
>it's something I'm passionate about, and
>I hope I got that across okay.

You did. I thought it was a very nice article. Congrats!

·
Registered
168 Posts
You didn't mention anything about how we look better in our driving suits and it's really sexy the way our hair spills out of our helmets when we take 'em off...

Great article, really. You should write more!!!

Kala
Fling Pu

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
>You didn't mention anything about how we look better in our
>driving suits and it's really sexy the way our hair spills
>out of our helmets when we take 'em off...

Stop it Kala ... you're blunting the impact of this new blood pressure med ... :9

Excellent job KT! All we need to go along with that article is a picture of you directing traffic at that OTPR service last year, sunburned legs and all! What dedication!!!

Halley ...
ProRally #86
http://www.realautosport.com

·
Registered
901 Posts
My follow-up article is going to be about how I set the guys off their pace by filing my nails and applying bright red lipstick while waiting to check into the ATC. :)

It always makes 'em think I'm just out motoring! And then I kick their butts! :)

KT

1 - 12 of 12 Posts