Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
The perfect replacement co-driver for Sainz in '03:

Delecour!!

Really, Francois will never make a boo-boo in his calls, and he likes to refer to Carlos as "ze beeeg chief".

There is the matter of a language barrier, but they could both *basque* for a time in the whole multi-cultural aspect of this pairing.

Can't we all just get along?

:7 :+ }>

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sainz without Moya?

I really enjoy watching thier teamwork.
He really will be missed, but his experience
would be a huge asset to any team.

Only bright side is perhaps Sainz will have notes
called in english so I can understand them...
interesting to see who he teams up with...

Nickey is looking for a job right?

pt-

·
CR>R5 into L3- 100 Finish
626 Posts
It's sad that they split because of finacial disputes.
After 14 years being together that shouldn't be a problem anymore.
Sainz will now drive with Marc Marti, who sat in for Moya in Spain this year.

Whiplash RallyeSport

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks for the memories guys, very few have lasted so long together, I too am sorry you wont retire together, you were like Samson and Delilah, Romeo and Juliet, Fred and Ginger, Me and J-Lo (I wish). You meshed so well!!!!

Now the mushy stuff is out of the way, I'm surprised at the following quote from Luis............"The new deal with Citroen meant a drastic reduction in the money available for salaries," he said in the Marca newspaper. "I'm 42 years old and I've got two children. If I was 30 I'd have accepted but this has become a high risk sport. Every two rallies someone ends up in hospital and for the money on offer it's just not worth it."

In my experience, it hurts just as much if you are doing it for free, $10 or $10,000.

I'm sure his kids will settle for a healthy Dad rather than a healthy inheritance.

Enjoy your time with them Luis, you will have much more fun being abled bodied than having the servant play ball with them while you watch from a cloud or your wheelchair.

Don

·
Registered
229 Posts
I would assume he was making a good living before he retired? Seems like given how risky the sport is, the co-drivers aught to be payed almost as well as the drivers. At least if the drivers get hurt, it's their own damn fault... :7

1 - 6 of 6 Posts