Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard a past member of our national Board of Directors make the comment about a CART race or USAC or maybe even an F1 race where he had been the chief steward. The drivers were complaining about the safety of the track and threatening to not compete. Said steward was proud of the fact that he told the drivers to get out there and race as they, the drivers, were there to put on a show.

I personally do not rally or race for the entertainment of the spectators. I might if the spectators individually paid me. $5 for a spectator guide is not paying me either. Instead, I have to pay. Therefore, I am out there for my enjoyment. Not anyone elses.

Does this make it clear why I don't need spectators? However, as I wrote for the program of the last big spectator race we had here in Texas, I hope that the spectator can share in my enjoyment.

·
Registered
44 Posts
well spoken. I am not spectating for your enjoyment either. most of the spectators and most of the competitors are on the same side in all of this. and we need to remember that. the actions of the spectators do have an impact on future events; probably even more so than the competitors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts