Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were told this was meant to air on July 26th and a while ago discovery channel's programming had it listed for July 26th ... but now I can't seem to find it. Anybody know more?

Nathalie

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yesterday, I got an email from Sarah Grenier (hill climber and rally co-driver) who was on the Pike's Peak Truck build team. She said that the air time had alternated between Aug 2 and July 26, but that it was to be shown on July 26.

Steve McKelvie

·
Media Dude
1,464 Posts
from my experience - being a big monster garage fan

canadas discovery channel plays monster garage on different dates than discovery channel in the us, and that may be what the factor is here, there are some episodes that didnt run here for almost 3 or 4 months after they played in the usa i believe.

here lists every single time the show will air on discovery canada b/w now and sept (slightly out of chronological order - but still all there)
http://www.exn.ca/ontv/series.asp?series=43701507&TZ=0
and it does not list that episode, that i see. :-(

shawn

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have heard that Discovery Canada is a few months back...like almost a whole season according to people on the discovery chat boards.

If you really want, I can tell you what happens }>
How the producers are gonna spin it...well who knows! :p

But the official air date is definately tomorrow...actually, the network changed it on the producers from the original date of aug 2nd to july 26th...

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
just watched it. some of the rallycrowd was in tha background. i know for sure i saw Pat. and tha akaba's evo. good show. good footage of jesses run.

·
Registered
374 Posts
>just watched it. some of the rallycrowd was in tha
>background. i know for sure i saw Pat. and tha akaba's
>evo. good show. good footage of jesses run.

and Natalie and Pat Richard...

Philip J. Boer
grinner323(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

·
Registered
77 Posts
they showed some of your footage, but no pic of the actual car...so i'm sure everyone watching at home now thinks that my bunny is a rally car....owell , i'm not the producer, i just have to build the damned thing!

:D

·
Registered
926 Posts
My wife/codriver and I agreed this was the best Monster Garage ever.

Some great footage of his run up the hill too.

Sarah, they did sort of make your 'dub look like a rally car. Too bad they didnt play the hillclimb aspect a little better, or mention your codriving experience but you did get some national exposure :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Why didn't they show Jesse in the corners? I noticed the corners they did show were he was slow and conservative and one on board where he got a little too loose. Just wondering from anyone there who saw it how it looked.

·
Registered
77 Posts
well walter...the problem is, i highly doubt the producers who edited my bio have any idea what the difference is between a hillclimb car and a rally car.
they said nothing about my codriving nor showed any pics of the neon..just the in car footage after showing my car...owell...what can you do?

besides, did you hear what they introduced me as?? some type of mechanical expert something or other....i have no idea what the hell that was about.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Brian,

When looking for sponsors now you get the "As seen on TV" qualification...

So who taped the show? I don't have a TV.

Austin

·
Registered
479 Posts
Awesome episode! Very cool to see Rhys Millen involved in the project and cool profiles on the builders. Very appropriate clips from past years-Rod Millen, Walter Rohrl, Juha Kankunen, Bobby Unser... I swear he was on the verge of tears at the top. I heard that Jesse James couldn't shut up about Pike's Peak the whole way home. I have a feeling he'll be back. Very good exposure for the event.

Later,

Aaron

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'll hook you up with something Austin...I've got it on tape at home and some of my friends tivo'd it...
so i can probably get it onto a DVD for you..if you can play that.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I saw Richard Byford and Fran Olson, and my brother Mark!

I thought the show was actually pretty good.

G

·
>besides, did you hear what they introduced me as?? some
>type of mechanical expert something or other....i have no
>idea what the hell that was about.

Some time ago, when I was a wee pup, I was filling out applications for scholarships to pay my way into the very prestigous public colleges here in the great state of Iowa.

To my embarassment, I found the grantors had a tendency to overstate my accomplishments, or so I thought, in the write ups accompanying the awards.

Perception is reality. I think most of us have a tendancy to be modest and understate our abilities, but in reality, we are go getters and more active in our interests than the 90% of the population that suffers life as mere spectators.

I caught the tail end of the show last night- the quote about plasma cutting was amusing, as well as the sheer look of joy that comes from wielding the torch. It reminded me of My younger brother who is also absolutely enamored with the plasma cutter and welding. Metal is magic.

congrats.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts