Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Keep laughing,

You are here and he's there running Rally GB and getting all the attention from WRC Radio. Honestly wouldn't you love to be in his shoes now (with or without new tires)???

Cheers

M.Samli

·
Registered
583 Posts
Mustafa,

I'm not laughing and "YES" I would love to be there, used tires and all! (I myself have never bought a new rally tire.)

I really did not intend critisizm. More like "Jeez, look, even a poor privateer gets to run". I'm envious and think it's great that a regular guy of obviously modest means can still run a historic old car in the Rally GB.

Vive le "Privateer Historique" :p

Rich Smith

·
Registered
583 Posts
Glenn,

Ha! I remain envious and think it's great that a regular guy of obviously modest means can still run a 20 year old (fuel injected) car in the Rally GB.

Can't wait to see what turns out for the 2004 Roger Clark RAC.

Vive le "Privateer Retro-Historique" :D

Rich Smith

(Comrade JVL: Did you ever find out if it's legal to retrofit my hair?)

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Err, another Mk 1 I think, but a rally car not a road car.

Well - actually I'm not sure. I'm looking at a ~230BHP RS1600 for the RAC, or renting (the logistics of doing an event in another country are pretty big).

A Mk 2 for the RAC would be plenty o fun, but I expect there will be a LARGE field of Mk 2's.

I'm also trying to figure out if I want a faster car for 2004 in the US or just stick with the Cortina.

Glenn

·
Registered
162 Posts
They might be doing that because in some countries, you can't sue the organizer or sanctioning body if you do something stupid to yourself.

On second thought - that must be a transit or control. They aren't even wearing helmets.

John B.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts