Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Speed channel will be airing the 2003 Pro Rally mid season recap tomorow (Thursday July 17th) at 11pm EST. I was told they were able to re-edit the show to have a piece on Mark Lovell and Roger Freeman.

-george plsek

·
Marketing through Motorsports
1,385 Posts
RE: Mid Season Review

The Mid Season Review looked good, and the tribute to Mark and Roger was thoughtfully handled. Friends of mine who've never seen a rally before watched the broadcast and were moved. Well done, Russ, Arlen, Doug, Ken, and all the rest involved.

Secondly, the recap was well done and showed a broad cross section of competitors. My unofficial count showed that the Sno*Drift segment mentioned 17 cars, the Rim segment showed 13 cars, and the STPR segment showed 20 cars. I applaud the Speed crew for revealing the diversity of cars, classes and competitors in our sport. I'm sure it will make the broadcast more interesting to the viewership while demonstrating additional dimensions to rally, which can only make things better for everyone.

Again, thank you and "well done" to Speed for their tribute to the 4 car and their presentation of the mid season review.

[hr]

Now if could just remember you need to connect the cable box to the VCR if you wish to tape a broadcast....

[p align=right]John Dillon
John @ WidgetRacing.com
www.WidgetRacing.com

·
600 /CR !!! R2>
450 Posts

Ditto to John's comments. I was very impressed and enjoyed the show, and appreciated the tribute to Lovell and Freeman.

The show is being re-aired tonight (Sat, July 19) at 3:00 am EDT (I guess technically that's Sunday). Set your VCR if you missed it before...

--
JP Rowland jeremyrowland -at- mac.com
Co-driver, #896 Audi 4000 Quattro turbo, Open
Visit my boring web page: http://homepage.mac.com/jeremyrowland

·
Registered
239 Posts

Well, thank you very much! I will pass along these compliments to the crew. The show was completed before the OTPR event; even I was impressed that they were able to scramble to get the tribute at the end. The OTPR show will of course deal with it a bit more. It will be a difficult show to do...

thanks again-

Russ Rosendale

·
50 L3/CR 70 Yump 200
997 Posts

I was also very impressed with the mid season review.
First class job!
AND.... great thanks for editing in the co-drivers!
I hope a "year in review" tape/dvd will be made available
for sale!

·
Registered
14 Posts

Great job by the Speed crew. It's nice to see that they gave equal coverage to the Grp2/5 and Prod/GT folks. The tribute to Lovell and Freeman was moving.

Excellent work -- keep it up for the rest of the season!

- Chris

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts

Chris said:
>Great job by the Speed crew. It's nice to see that they
>gave equal coverage to the Grp2/5 and Prod/GT folks. The
>tribute to Lovell and Freeman was moving.

Just to keep the record straight, they mentioned PGT but not once Production - not like there's been enough entries nor drama in the class to warrant much coverage.

Halley ...
Owner/Driver ProRally #86 - world's first New Beetle Rally Car
RealAutoSport, LLC
http://www.realautosport.com

·
Registered
433 Posts

>Just to keep the record straight, they mentioned PGT but not
>once Production - not like there's been enough entries nor
>drama in the class to warrant much coverage.
>
>Halley ...
>Owner/Driver ProRally #86 - world's first New Beetle Rally
>Car
>RealAutoSport, LLC
>http://www.realautosport.com

I noticed that also Mike...what a bummer...Congradulations on your 1st Place at STPR and OTPR.

Greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.