Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard a few little bits of info here and there about tire availability from Michelin that isn't overly encouraging.

My basic goal is to identify a reliable source for 15" Michelin Z and ZA gravel tires in 17/65-15.

I called Libra but John is out until Wednesday.. I'll check again with him however his site says 14" only :(

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Andrew

·
Registered
409 Posts
RE: Michelin Z/ZA 15

Hey Andrew,

I'm sure someone here will respond with the beta on Michelin, although I thought I heard somewhere that availability was getting worse, not better..?

Anyway, enough rumours, how about some facts?

Well, you CAN get these tires at the places listed right here in Canada:

Yokohama A035 - available in two different compounds from Specialty Subaru right here in town. OK, don't laugh. Their prices are actually not bad compared to importing other brands yourself in quantities less than 20. I was told around $160-165 for 15" Subaru sizes. There are LOT's of tires at a warehouse right here in Vancouver, so you can actually have'em in a day or two.

Kumho - [link:www.talontire.com|Talon Tire] in Quebec. No PST or gov't levies, just GST and $11/tire for shipping. Someone here said they had a problem getting tires in time for Bighorn, so be sure to confirm the stock situation if you want something ASAP.

Silverstone - [link:http://www.motorsport-dist.com|Motorsport Distributing] in Ontario, that's the the Ford Focus guy's Reilly & Felice. We've run Silverstones for two years with good success, but our supply has dwindled and we now need to find something else...

I know I'm not much help with the Michelin's, but maybe you don't want to wait and would consider one of these other options...

Good luck and see you in Merritt(?)

Cheers,

Bill Westhead

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RE: Michelin Z/ZA 15

well... I have a plan.. I'll leave it at that for now. ;)

As far as snows go.. I saw the weather report for Calgary this morning!!! lol unreal. I'm not anywhere near ready for that so it's TSD's and RallyCrosses for me until the car is built for ProRally.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm not a good reply then! ;)

I wonder why, with the seemingly explosive growth of the sport in recent years, would companies like Michelin and Pirelli wind down their offerings here? Their product is the best available and they make the damn things for overseas... and they have the distribution channels for North America... how frustrating.

I'll get in touch with Libra Racing once I have a little time.. pretty busy for the next couple days.

If anyone knows of any other supliers that are reliable I would certainly appreciate the info!

Thanks! (and thank Bill, John, and Don for helping me with this so far!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts