Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved down to WA from Vancouver BC recently, haven't run any events down here yet but I would imagine everything is done in feet and miles yeah? I'm not so good at "projecting" those numbers onto what I see in front of me, although I guess I will get used to it if I have to.

I wouldn't imagine I would make too many nav friends if I asked for everything to be converted!!

Damn a$$-backwards measuring system *grumble*

Skye

·
CR>R5 into L3- 100 Finish
626 Posts
Distances here in the States are done in "Standard". It's not that difficult to convert. 92 Meters is 100 Yards. So if you just judge over the thumb, you'd be pretty close.
And the Stage Notes are measured in Standard as well.

Whiplash RallyeSport

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Pete Morris (building "Son of CoROLLa"). What an interesting concept! Will have to work on that one!!!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
I would have to add that 14% interest rates probably did not help his cause either.

About the only good thing that guy accomplished was getting the peace treaty signed.

Other than that, he was the worst one in a good while.

Matt Manspeaker
Seattle, WA USA
89 323GTX - Open

·
Registered
274 Posts
Just don't forget the A number 1 problem cross border folks
have. Your Factor. Don't forget to convert it for miles from
Kilometers. Makes those transits REAL interesting.. ;)
Even on course notes you'll still need the route book
and it will be in miles and tenths of miles.

Oh Yeah, and down here its "Zee" not Zed. }>

Ed

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
>I would have to add that 14% interest rates probably did not
>help his cause either.

Inhereted from the meglomanic criminal Richard M. Nixon regime who instituted the first peace time wage and price controls in US history in 1969. An odd act for a Republican with all their bull sheet about evil big government to interfere in domestic economy because inflation was "out of control" at 3% and unemployment at 5% or vice versa.
Go look up how many cabinet and staff members were convicted, not indicted, _convicted_, starting with Spiro Agnew.

>
>About the only good thing that guy accomplished was getting
>the peace treaty signed.
>
>Other than that, he was the worst one in a good while.

Probably didn't help that the drooling fool, and hypocritical moron Ronald Reagan droned on repeatedly about the fate of the hostages in Terhan 444 days the scumbag kept repeating endlessly.

The piece of crap sorta forgot his rhetoric crap whenn it came to the various US and allied people held captive in Beirut for 5 and 6 + years. 1500 and 2000 days! At least Reagan could claim that he couldn't remember, maybe Nancys 1-900 number psycic could have predicted when they would be let out.

And Matt, under whos regime were the Talibans direct antecedents supported to the tune of billions of dollars a year,and armed with hundreds of shoulder-fired Stingers with, if the Mujahadeen so called in Ronnie's words "freedom fighters" could pull it out of the goat or camel long enough to pull the trigger, they could down Russian ground attack helicopters?
Want to cross you fingers that their decendants don't have any left?

and under who's regime did we funnel more billions in arms to while they were fighting an agressive war against Iran?
Sod-em Husseins name ring a bell?

Carter wasn't great, but he wasn't a lying hypocritical criminal like the following Rebublican regimes.
>
>Matt Manspeaker
>Seattle, WA USA
>89 323GTX - Open

John Vanlandingham

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
>Distances here in the States are done in "Standard".
I think it's called the English system of Weights and Measures.

It's
>not that difficult to convert. 92 Meters is 100 Yards. So
>if you just judge over the thumb, you'd be pretty close.
>And the Stage Notes are measured in Standard as well.
>
>Whiplash RallyeSport

John Vanlandingham

·
Registered
590 Posts
John, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. We are obviously at opposite ends of the spectrum.

If everyone thought the same way, the world would be a pretty boring place.

Cheers

BTW, to get back to the original topic: I prefer METRIC (IMHO, it's *so* much better)

Matt Manspeaker
Seattle, WA USA
89 323GTX - Open

·
Registered
39 Posts
.....and if you REALLY want to ruin your lunch, calculate how many Canadian dollars it takes to enter a ProRally and buy the stage notes. :(

·
Registered
151 Posts
lying hypocritical
>criminal like the following Rebublican regimes.

How eeevilll!

I also understand that the GOP wants to starve innocent little children (for shame!), push little grandmothers out in the street & steal their drugs, force everyone to smoke tobacco (BEEEG tobacco, mind you), strip mine the National Parks, and allow the most productive 20% of our workforce to get away with only paying 90% of the nation's tax bill.

Heck, let's all move to Cuba where they know how to run a country like good "progressives".}> ;-)

·
Registered
233 Posts
We ran in a big TSD drivex (Return of Route of All Evil) on June 15 out of Utica, the first time we ever did US event. We were using those supposedly calibrated mile markers on the interstate. Oh boy. Anyway, some of them were evenly spaced and we eventually got it done. After that it was no problem running in miles except that we have a feel for 100 metres (1/10 of a kilometre), and that is much shorter than 1/10th mile. So, this was tricky and took a long time to get used to. Btw, AWESOME roads north of Utica. Just stupendous stuff. I think this is the general area of Black River Stages. Roads with no straight bits. A total hoot, and very brisk CAS for a TSD.

Craig
http://www3.sympatico.ca/kchamm/rally.html

·
Registered
232 Posts
Craig, you're right about getting used the differences between miles and kilometres. I've co-driven in performance rallies on both sides of the border and things seem to happen faster when using kilometres because the numbers are changing at a faster rate.
Also, I was a navigator in that Return to The Route of All Evil TSD that you were in. We (David Lewis & I) even finished second overall to Gary Webb after Gary loaned us a new odo drive. Ours broke in a rough section at what would politely be described as a brisk speed. Those roads were spectacular and as you say the speeds were very brisk for a TSD. Mark Johnson and Frank Beyer were the rally masters for that TSD and are also the rally masters for the Black River Stages. I look forward to competing in both events again.

Steve McKelvie
(Full Disclosure: Past TSD navigator for Mark Johnson's VR4)

·
Registered
146 Posts
>I also understand that the GOP wants to starve innocent
>little children (for shame!), push little grandmothers out
>in the street & steal their drugs, force everyone to smoke
>tobacco (BEEEG tobacco, mind you), strip mine the National
>Parks, and allow the most productive 20% of our workforce to
>get away with only paying 90% of the nation's tax bill.

Yes, Don, that's pretty much the situation in a nutshell,
but if you look at the numbers from our quarterly report,
I think we can really make some big improvements in those
productivity figures. Don't you agree, Don? ;-)

>Heck, let's all move to Cuba where they know how to run a
>country like good "progressives".

Now Don, we both know that Cuba has some rather exceptional
economic circumstances (Ahem, embargo?). Our "fraternal brothers in the struggle" in China present a much better example of a properly run progressive democratic republic. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
>.....and if you REALLY want to ruin your lunch, calculate
>how many Canadian dollars it takes to enter a ProRally and
>buy the stage notes. :(

$1500 CDN give or take a few hundred.

dan ph.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts