Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Official pre-sweep vehicle
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rally America Rule 6.4 B. 1: “The allowable level of sound is 105 dB, A scale. It shall be measured 18" from either side of the exhaust tip at an angle of 45 degrees from and at the same height of the exhaust exit. The engine shall be running at a minimum of 2500 RPM."

Here the problem. You need the maximum horsepower and torque from your rally car, but you need to be street legal and comply with stringent sound limits at scrutineering and throughout the rally. You need a high performance exhaust system. You need a Flowmaster exhaust system.

Flowmaster Mufflers has signed on to be the primary sponsor of the 2012 Mendocino Rally. The Flowmaster name is well known in motorsports and we are proud to be their official entry into performance rallies.

Save the dates, August 3, 4 and 5, for the Mendocino Rally, and check out Flowmaster if you need more horsepower, but less decibels.

See you in Ukiah,
Jim

·
150 K Right 4 Into Truck Dust
1,042 Posts
I have been sponsored by Flowmaster since 2008, great product and people.

Bill Holmes
Ford Raptor #44

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
so you bringing your truck out to Mendocino? :p

·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Air conditioned service breaks?

We are expecting more entries this year than Kathy Fowler Chevrolet’s dirt lot can hold, so we are moving the service break area across the freeway to the paved parking lot of the Lakeside Family Fun Center, an air conditioned bowling alley with video games and much more. Up-to-the-minute stage times (courtesy of RallyData.com) will be posted on the big screen in the air conditioned lounge. Food and drinks will be discounted for all competitors, service crews, and workers. Rally cars will visit the service area twice, but service crews will find a lot of cool indoor activities to keep them occupied between the visits.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
What's the competitor Cap going to be set at for this year? and how close will we get to it ? :)

·
<catchy rally phrase>
1,261 Posts
Rally America Rule 6.4 B. 1: “The allowable level of sound is 105 dB, A scale. It shall be measured 18" from either side of the exhaust tip at an angle of 45 degrees from and at the same height of the exhaust exit. The engine shall be running at a minimum of 2500 RPM."

Here the problem. You need the maximum horsepower and torque from your rally car, but you need to be street legal and comply with stringent sound limits at scrutineering and throughout the rally. You need a high performance exhaust system. You need a Flowmaster exhaust system.

Flowmaster Mufflers has signed on to be the primary sponsor of the 2012 Mendocino Rally. The Flowmaster name is well known in motorsports and we are proud to be their official entry into performance rallies.

Save the dates, August 3, 4 and 5, for the Mendocino Rally, and check out Flowmaster if you need more horsepower, but less decibels.

See you in Ukiah,
Jim

not worried about my dB levels (105dB is pretty loud), but I'm curious to know if someone at Mendocino will actually be measuring dB levels at tech? The geek is me is interested to see the numbers :)

·
150 K Right 4 Into Truck Dust
1,042 Posts
I would sure hate to tow all that way and be sent home because the truck has 4 more cylinders than everyone else and twice the sound level as everyone else.

Bill Holmes
Ford Raptor #44

·
Registered
297 Posts
I believe the main point of this post was to acknowledge and thank Flowmaster for their event sponsorship, at the same time, if anyone is campaigning a rally car which is louder than over 105 dBA at or below 2500 RPM they technically could be denied entry at any RA event, regardless of how many cylinders it takes- so it might be worth checking your specific vehicle, as we'd all hate to see anyone make a big long distance tow and not get to race for something like this which should be easily remedied.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I would sure hate to tow all that way and be sent home because the truck has 4 more cylinders than everyone else and twice the sound level as everyone else.

Bill Holmes
Ford Raptor #44
Twice as loud is only 3 DBs btw ... and the DB limit is in the rules (just like turbo resctritors) If we okay your truck being louder than the rules, are you going to be okay subarus not using the turbo restrictor? ;) ;)

And are you going to show up this year? It's a very fun rally, it SOOO reminds me of the days when me and my friends would just find a road to play on. Great after party too (in a brew house) woohoo ...

·
Registered
297 Posts
twice the sound power is 3dB but twice the sound pressure is 6dB, sound pressure is more analogous to voltage, acoustic power is watts...

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
So if your subaru sounds twice as loud as mine (as judged by the human ear), is that 6 db or 3db ? :O

·
Registered
189 Posts
For anyone who did not do Mendocino last year, the roads are like the end of HDT Gold Rush stage, smooth and twisty through the trees. Post-Recce and Post-Rally parties are great - a perfect CRS event!

BillRo

·
Registered
765 Posts
Stages, plural. There is only one "road" in use at Mendocino. Fun event, would be a real challenge in the truck I think.

·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Recce & Notes

By popular demand, the 2012 Mendocino Rally will include an optional recce Friday before the Welcome Party at Parducci Winery that night. All rallyists running the recce will receive pace notes incorporated into the route instructions at no additional cost. We are requesting Rally America permit us to issue the pace note supplemented RI’s to contestants unable to run the recce.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts