Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Official pre-sweep vehicle
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Volunteer registration is now open. Competitor registration will open in early May.

Be part of the 2013 Mendocino Rally, the only performance rally in Northern California. This year, we are expanding to two days and over 100 miles of competitive driving. Rally headquarters will be at Robinson Rancheria in Nice California. Bear Valley Stages (R-A Coef 3) will be on Saturday July 20 and Cow Mountain Stages (R-A Coef 2) will be on Sunday July 21. Volunteer workers are invited to the Welcome Party Friday night and the Awards Party Saturday night, where they will be eligible for raffle prizes worth over $3000. All volunteer workers will receive a 2013 Mendocino Rally tee shirt and box lunches both Saturday and Sunday. Mendocino Rally room rates are only $89. Please visit our web site, mendocinorally.com, and click on the Volunteer page for more information. Thanks.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hey Jim, any chance you could include a H class this year? Maybe we could talk it up a little and get some people to bring out their old cars if they know there will be other ones. I plan on bringing my Datsun 510 but it would be great to have some rwd and class competition... besides Bill Holmes and his historic 1978 Ford Raptor.

Roger
Datsun guy

·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a great idea! We could run it as an overlay class like I did with the Vintage Rally Car Championship or we could use the Rally America definition. How old is Historic? R-A says 25 years, but that covers a lot of current cars.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yea, why don't more CA people run Vintage and Historic cars, pre 1974 right? Then they wouldn't have to meet or worry about emissions requirements. Makes sense to me. Bill, I knew it was a 73, just seeing if you were paying attention...

Roger
Datsun guy

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Depending on the defintion you are using, last year's winning car might qualify.........

press on,

·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Registration for the 2013 Mendocino Rally is now open. This year, we are adding Bear Valley Stages, a Rally America coefficient 3 regional event on Saturday July 20th. The great roads you drove in 2011 and 2012 are now part of Cow Mountain Stages, a Rally America coefficient 2 regional, on Sunday July 21st. On Friday July 19th we will offer an optional recce of Bear Valley Stages, followed by our popular Welcome Party. On Sunday, as in 2012, we will begin with a caravan recce of the Cow Mountain course. Stage notes for both rallies are included in the entry price.

The early entry discount is valid throughout the month of May.

Cow Mountain Stages: $450. That's $100 less than last year!
Bear Valley Stages: $550. That's a coefficient 3 rally for the price of our coefficient 2 rally last year!
Both rallies: $650. That only $100 more than last year for the additional coefficient 3 rally!

You will need a Rally America license. You can purchase a Rally America one-event license for $75. If you have a valid NASA Rally Sport license and have entered one California Rally Series 2013 event, High Desert Trails or Idaho, the Mendocino Rally will give you a $50 rebate on your Rally America license, bringing your cost down to only $25.

On our web site, mendocinorally.com, you will notice that the rally headquarters is tentative. We will not be starting in Ukiah (although AAA recently proclaimed it to be the best small town in California and the fifth best in the United States). This year, the headquarters hotel will be near Clear Lake on the east side of Cow Mountain. We will either use Robinson Rancheria at the north end of the lake, or another fine hotel further south. We should have a firm location in about a week. Supplemental regulations will be available in Mid-May. Both these delays are because we are still finalizing our plans for Bear Valley Stages.

I hope you can enter the 2013 Mendocino Rally. With over 100 stage miles with notes, five coefficient points, three parties, and over $3000 in raffle prizes, it should be a "must run" on your 2013 rally calendar.

·
<catchy rally phrase>
1,261 Posts
If you have a valid NASA Rally Sport license and have entered one California Rally Series 2013 event, High Desert Trails or Idaho, the Mendocino Rally will give you a $50 rebate on your Rally America license, bringing your cost down to only $25.
That's awesome, thanks Jim.

·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The great hotel dilemma has been resolved. We will be using the Best Western El Grande Inn in Clearlake. I recommend reserving a room as soon as possible, as there is a fishing derby on the lake that same weekend. I promised to stay out of their lake and they promised to stay off our roads, but we both need to sleep somewhere. (Any rally car driving into the lake will receive lake points, which are like road points, only worse.)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Jim, I just went to the Rally-America site to look at buying the one-time license. There wasn't an option for this. Can we pay this at event?

·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sean,

Per Rally America: Licenses may not be purchased at the event. Competitors need to purchase their license from Rally America in advance. If someone wants the license, they go on line and buy a regional license, then when they call Bob Nielsen (at Rally America) for payment they tell him it is for Mendocino. He processes the payment and sets up the license to be effective for the weekend of Mendocino only. No license card is issued.

Rally America will charge you $75 for the one-event license. When you register at the rally, we will give you a $50 rebate, so your net cost is only $25.

Jim

·
Registered
263 Posts
Rally America will charge you $75 for the one-event license. When you register at the rally, we will give you a $50 rebate, so your net cost is only $25.

Jim
Thanks Jim, thats a great deal for those of us only running one RA event this year!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Do note that you need to contact Bob of RA at [email protected] to get your license. Tell him full or a single event license. Remember there is a dual offer if you do Mendocino and Arizona Extreme Rally which is now in September 14th. you will get a Dual Offer for 2014.

For 2014: You will win from SWRC:

1st Place OVERALL Combine Scores - Free entry to Mendocino and AER 2014.
2nd Place OVERALL Combine Scores - $100.00 off from your entry to Mendocino and AER 2014.
3rd Place OVERALL Combine Scores - $50.00 off from your entry to Mendicino and AER 2014.

·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We are revising the Saturday schedule to allow time for a quick reconnaissance in rally cars before the start of Bear Valley Stages. You will still be able to spend all day Friday doing the optional multi-pass recce, but in non-rally cars. This change is being made so teams are not required to participate in the Friday recce in order to get note for Saturday. Cow Mountain Stages on Sunday will continue to feature a caravan recce before the start. Gibeault Notes will be provided for both rallies at no additional cost.

Early entry ends Friday, May 31st. You get two days, over 100 miles, over 2 hours of competitive driving, and 5 coefficient points; all for only $650. What a deal!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
2 days of mendocino rally action... what a bad year to have a huge hole in the block of my motor. :( D'oh! although the hole in my wallet is a bit worse... lol

·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
2 days of mendocino rally action... what a bad year to have a huge hole in the block of my motor.
Alex: You’ve been a great supporter of the Mendocino Rally, with a first and a second overall. It just won’t seem right without you. I could send you a roll of duct tape if that would help.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Car 49 is IN! It's been exactly a year since our crash at Idaho and we are anxious to get back at it. Really looking forward to the new stages. Hope to see you all there.

·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sean: You will love the new roads. I did a test run of Bear Valley Stages Wednesday, at "sweep car speed" and I had three hours of stage time. I don't think the fastest cars, at rally speed, will be under two hours. Add another hour for the expanded Cow Mountian Stage, any you get over three hours of stage time!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts