Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
I agree. The Citroen looks like the only car that can challenge the Peugeot, at least on tarmac. I don't know about gravel. Loeb and Radstrom proved it can finish in Kenya.

It is obvious that the Ford is just not competitive on asphalt. Watching Sanremo this weekend, it seemed obvious that McRae was just not willing to hang it out and risk another crash on asphalt.

The Ford does seem like it is tough considering the results from Kenya, Acropolis, and Cyprus the last couple of years. Then again look at the oil fire in Finland and Carlos's problems with Oil pressure the last 2 years.

Dave C

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
The French Connection(s) ...

With the announcement at the Paris Auto Show this morning it's official! From www.rally-live.com:

"The speculation regarding Colin McRae's future in the World Rally Championship has finally come to an end! Citroen Sport announced this morning that the Scotsman will be joining them for next season, in a one-year deal with the French team.

"It had been speculated that the 1995 Champ would be joining Guy Frequelin's team, however as recently as last week Subaru were also thrown into the mix, while others suggested that McRae may in fact remain with Ford as a reduced salary. But with yesterday's news that Ford would not be extending his contract it was just a matter of time before it was revealed who had succeeded in snapping up the Scotsman's signature.

"The announcement came today at the Paris Motor Show when Citroen released a short statement saying: ?Guy Frequelin has asked Colin McRae to join the Citroen team for the 14 rallies of the 2003 World Rally Championship. With 25 victories in WRC, as well as a World Rally Champion title, Colin will bring to the Citroen team his valued experience in the field of rallying.?

"Michelle Foster
CAPSIS International"

Andy M said:
>Sweet... someone might be able to challenge Peugeot!

http://www.psa-peugeot-citroen.com/en/images/hpa01.jpg

Since the two manufacturers are part of the same company PSA Peugeot Citroen wins either way! Look at San Remo - 8 of the top 15 overall were in the French corporation's machinery!

Halley ...
http://www.realautosport.com

·
Registered
229 Posts
RE: The French Connection(s) ...

True, but it's not exactly the same as Peugeot winning. I wonder how much the 206 and Xsara WRC have in common?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts