1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Lost....We're not lost
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From autosport.com

The Estonian ends a three-year association with Ford

Martin will be a Peugeot man in 2005

Markko Martin has put pen to paper to drive for Peugeot in next year's World Rally Championship, according to this week's Autosport magazine. While no official announcement has been made by the French team or Martin, Autosport understands that a deal has been signed that will give him joint number one status with current driver Marcus Gronholm.

The news brings an end to speculation of the Estonian's future following salary negotiations with his current employer Ford. The Blue Oval knew that it was likely to lose its number one driver due to a cut in the team's budget. It has since been revealed that Ford is to pull out of the WRC to concentrate its efforts on Formula 1.

For me it's not a problem
Marcus Gronholm

Martin also held talks with big hitters Citroen and Subaru, but it was Peugeot that managed to secure his services.

Gronholm has admitted that he has heard rumours of Martin joining him for next year. "Markko is okay ? good," he told Autosport. "For me it's not a problem, but they [Peugeot] still haven't told me what is happening."

1 - 1 of 1 Posts