Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed supp regs, maps, spectator info is now posted/updated on the Maine Forest website - http://maineforestrally.com (Although the entry list didn't seem to be updated nor was there a start order) Interesting information ... IMHO, some good :) , some not so good :( , some quite different :eek: ... 12 days to go :9

Barry Wargula

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hey Pete: yeah, for me anyway. But it always is, isn't it?

Is this "spectator bus" concept new this year? I don't remember that in years past, but then I wasn't really paying attention to that kind of thing. Seems like a really good idea. My only complaint about Maine (from a spectating point of view) is that the spectator corners aren't all that, and it's generally really crowded. I wonder which corners they're bussing folks into?

-Isaac

p.s. I just got off the phone with JD & we were talking about how it seems to me that there's always about 30 people at the big national events that I know I know, sort-of -- through the web, or phone calls or what have you -- but that we never actually meet in person. Seems pretty weird to drive 12-18 hours into the middle of boofoo, know you're surrounded by people whom you should know, but unless you stick around for the banquet you generally don't meet a lot of folks. Let's do better this year. Pete, where are you staying? Do you have a mobile phone? I'm 617-835-2502.

irt

·
Retired Rally Photographer
2,069 Posts
>Hey Pete: yeah, for me anyway. But it always is, isn't it?
>
>Is this "spectator bus" concept new this year? I don't
>remember that in years past, but then I wasn't really paying
>attention to that kind of thing. Seems like a really good
>idea. My only complaint about Maine (from a spectating point
>of view) is that the spectator corners aren't all that, and
>it's generally really crowded. I wonder which corners
>they're bussing folks into?

They had that at Cherokee in 2002. What a wild ride that was! I can't believe that nobody fell off the truck there! I like the idea of having spectator areas further in the stages at Maine. Would even like to see some routes setup for people to come and watch at an intersection at an access road. Pack up the grandstands from the local highschool football field and set them up at the crossroads!!

>p.s. I just got off the phone with JD & we were talking
>about how it seems to me that there's always about 30 people
>at the big national events that I know I know, sort-of --
>through the web, or phone calls or what have you -- but that
>we never actually meet in person. Seems pretty weird to
>drive 12-18 hours into the middle of boofoo, know you're
>surrounded by people whom you should know, but unless
>you stick around for the banquet you generally don't meet a
>lot of folks. Let's do better this year. Pete, where are you
>staying? Do you have a mobile phone? I'm 617-835-2502.

I totally agree. I've probably bumped into you many times. Same with other locals. We should go through with that plan to get us Boston area rally folk together at F1 Boston or something. Hell, I'm having a poker nite this Wednesday (7/23) if you or others wish to show up.

Anyhoo, I'm staying at Sunday River (Thurs thru Sun). 617-281-4012 is my cell #. I'm game for meeting wherever in Maine, or even before. Will be at the banquet too. Shoot me a phone call or e-mail if you wish. We'll definately have to work on meeting somewhere up there.

Pete

·
600 /CR !!! R2>
450 Posts
Isaac...Thanks for helping Tim and us out at Baie-des-Chaleurs. Be sure to stop by and say hi, I think we'll be at the Parc Expose on Friday (assuming they let us Club entries in :) ). I've got a DVD of in-car video for you from Baie for thanks...

--
JP Rowland jeremyrowland -at- mac.com
Co-driver, #896 Audi 4000 Quattro turbo, Open
Visit my boring web page: http://homepage.mac.com/jeremyrowland

·
Registered
378 Posts
Will do Jeremy, and thanks for burning me a copy of the in-car -- can't wait to see what kind of fun/trouble you guys had. I may yet be crewing for Tim next week, I dunno; if so, I imagine I'll be seeing a lot of you again over the weekend, just like last time. Though I'm flirting with a couple of teams as well. We'll see who offers the most beer and/or access to the mythical RALLY HOs, eh?

Regardless, I see you 'round!

-Isaac

1 - 7 of 7 Posts