Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/3970643580.html

CL tulsa all for sale / wanted cars & trucks - by owner
Reply [email protected] [?] flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of Posted: 2013-07-30, 8:50PM CDT
1985 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo Rally Car PROJECT - $1000 (West Tulsa County)

FOR SALE by owner - a 1985 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo that, when new, became a works-supported SCCA ProRally Production GT class rally car. Years later it was modified to the two-wheel-drive Open Group 5 class for the Colorado Hill Climb Series. It boasts a seam-welded uni-body that is rust-free (the car has spent most of its life garaged in New Mexico, Texas, Colorado, and Oklahoma), reinforced suspension mounts, a full, welded in roll cage, dual brake master cylinders with remote, driver-adjustable balance controller, new fuel tank & sender assembly, new OEM wiring harness (straight from Chrysler), new rear hatch lift struts, a spare 2.2 turbo engine (for parts), TWO spare transaxles (for parts if nothing else), and several bins full of misc. spare parts including internal engine parts, manifolds, an oil pan and more (details to follow as I dig more of the parts from storage).

BUT, the restoration needs completed!!!

At this time the engine has been reassembled, mated to the transaxle and stabbed in the car (along with the jackshaft and equal length halfshafts). The new fuel tank has been armored and replaced with the new in-tank fuel pickup/gauge sender assembly installed. Once running this would be a competitive SCCA RallyCross car (the SCCA Rallycross National Championship visits Tulsa Raceway Park in October!), really fun Hallett Motor Racing Circuit hot lap and/or COMMA road race car! Otherwise, it could be parted out to complete another Omni GLH Turbo or make someone money offering all these parts on eBay.
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/3970643580.html

CL tulsa all for sale / wanted cars & trucks - by owner
1985 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo Rally Car PROJECT - $1000 (West Tulsa County)

FOR SALE by owner - a 1985 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo that, when new, became a works-supported SCCA ProRally Production GT class rally car. Years later it was modified to the two-wheel-drive Open Group 5 class for the Colorado Hill Climb Series. It boasts a seam-welded uni-body that is rust-free (the car has spent most of its life garaged in New Mexico, Texas, Colorado, and Oklahoma), reinforced suspension mounts, a full, welded in roll cage, dual brake master cylinders with remote, driver-adjustable balance controller, new fuel tank & sender assembly, new OEM wiring harness (straight from Chrysler), new rear hatch lift struts, a spare 2.2 turbo engine (for parts), TWO spare transaxles (for parts if nothing else), and several bins full of misc. spare parts including internal engine parts, manifolds, an oil pan and more (details to follow as I dig more of the parts from storage).

BUT, the restoration needs completed!!!

At this time the engine has been reassembled, mated to the transaxle and stabbed in the car (along with the jackshaft and equal length halfshafts). The new fuel tank has been armored and replaced with the new in-tank fuel pickup/gauge sender assembly installed. Once running this would be a competitive SCCA RallyCross car (the SCCA Rallycross National Championship visits Tulsa Raceway Park in October!), really fun Hallett Motor Racing Circuit hot lap and/or COMMA road race car! Otherwise, it could be parted out to complete another Omni GLH Turbo or make someone money offering all these parts on eBay.
Yup! Ex Dean Blagowsky (RIP) PGT car from the 1980s days of L-Body cars all over the ProRally place. I bought it several years ago but just never managed to finish putting it all back together. Since I've started selling off pieces from the parts cache I've lowered the price and would even be happy to discuss trades for stuff I could use on the ex-Bruce Newey 1980 Mazda RX7 I recently purchased.

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
The one he rolled on the "Press Stage" at Sandhills? If so, I've got a few shots of it/it's parts sitting in the hotel parking lot afterwords.
That well could be. The pics I've found of the car during Newey's time shows there was a roof vent but the car has none now and shows no sign there ever was one. If it rolled then I reckon someone re-skinned the roof and just skipped putting a vent in it. Any pics would be great to see!

·
left 6 through dip into weeds
279 Posts
There's video of that car in action post-roll as well. Bruce finished third overall at the event that year, but wasn't a run-off competitor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts