Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While no one laughed nor treated the requests with anything less than contemplative respect, I was unable to convince Rhys to loan me a GTO nor Petie, Dougie or Brucie to loan me an SRT4 so I could take a REAL shot at the Group 5 RRNC title later this month in Missouri. The same day Mr. Davis shared his particularly lucid decision the Rallye Gods stepped in. Thanks to a phone call from old friend and fellow, former Dodge Boy Dean Blagowski I'm soon to take delivery of a Dodge Omni GLH-T rally car that hasn't run in a few years but, with capable assistance from Tulsa's Rally Distributing race car fabrication facility, will likely give Tina Warner and I an honest chance to compete on fairly level footing during the Rally in the 100 Acre Wood weekend.

The Production-legal Bug has certainly had fair success in Group 5 over the last 8 months (two wins and three seconds from five Club/Regional starts) but since there is sure to be a TON more competition in the Ozarks when the top-finishing Group 5 teams from across the nation congregate to battle for the 2004 G5 Regional Rally National Championship title it will be great having a lighter, more powerful car under us.

Wow - it's going to be a bit like old times! I guess I need to go dig out all that old Direct Connection stuff again ... ;-)

Halley ...
RWD and normally-aspirated ROCKS! Let's get it on in Group F, uhhhhh, right after 100AW!
http://www.realautosport.com

BTW - The Bug is is still for rent/sale ...

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Dave, comeon down!

I'll be there hopefully keeping up with all the invitees.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Jay:

We won't be making the trip this year. As much as we would like to...funds are not there. We had to do some major ($$$) tear-down work over the winter. That pretty much took up the money that would have gone for 100AW. First event for us will be HW (unless there is a C1 rallysprint close by before that).

-Dave & Stacy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts