Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess this is not the forum to air our opinions. I thought there could be a free exchange of ideas.

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>Can someone please provide some info on this company? And
>perhaps more importantly who negotiated this pathetic
>sponsorship deal? How on earth could I ask a potential
>sponsor for some meaningful dollars when someone sold us out
>for a chance at a YEAR END thousand bucks. I urge others not
>to place this decal on their car. It devalues our sport.
>
>dave:(

This is a contingency sponsor, so its your choice. Nobody sold out. As I understand it, this is a rallyist putting money back into the sport. If you don't feel that the conditions are worth the gain then don't participate, but please don't make comments that might drive unsolicited sponsors away from the sport.

As it happens, we didn't feel the potential benefits were appropriate to the size of the decal, so we didn't participate in the program. This was mainly because it would divert attention away from Scott's primary sponsor (Neutron Computers).

Adrian

·
Registered
280 Posts
> If you don't feel that the
>conditions are worth the gain then don't participate, but
>please don't make comments that might drive unsolicited
>sponsors away from the sport.

I felt the same wen i first saw this program ? specialy wen thinking of devaluetion of the sport..

If i decided to give some money to help out i would hope not to be bicht at becose i got a good deal on the size of the decals ;-)
It would be sweet to see all the rally cars whit my diablo Logo...LOL

but what the hell?...

we desided to put it on simply becose wen can not aford to loose 1000$....if there is a chance for us to get it ? we cant say no :(

specialy since there is no Subaru contengency programe...thats really hurting us...there is almost no reason to race national anymore...and we cant go in Quebec regional coz its 2wd only ?

One thing to remember...the hood decals mite be super big but you have to admit that it is VERY hard to get good pix of the hood(in action)...so for most sponsor the hood is not wort lots of $...

Also...our sponsors dosent have to know how much machine autority payed to sponsor the serie...you just say that you have to put that decal on.

Alain Lavoie
24Rallyteam
http://www.abikeonline.com/24rallyteam/

·
Registered
339 Posts
I went to the CARS website and read the Machine Authority contingency program.

Couple questions:

1. What is Machine Authority?

2. It seems that the big complaint is that the decals are big? If so, how big are they and where are they required?

It's an optional contingency the way I read it. If you don't like the decal or don't like the program, just don't use it.

Brian

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>I went to the CARS website and read the Machine Authority
>contingency program.
>
>Couple questions:
>
>1. What is Machine Authority?

I believe that it is a company run by a rally competitor.

>2. It seems that the big complaint is that the decals are
>big? If so, how big are they and where are they required?

There are three decals (hood and two sides) - the hood decal was 12" x 24" (approx). The other two were smaller.

>It's an optional contingency the way I read it. If you
>don't like the decal or don't like the program, just don't
>use it.

Exactly

Adrian

·
R6 L6 R6< 800
200 Posts
I believe the problem with the "contingency sponsorship" is not the sponsorship itself, but the paucity of information about it. The detail from the CARS website is pathetic to say the least. What does the Machine Authority do for the sport. There have been several unofficial guesses as to the nature of the company, including an alternative bar in Kitchener. A web search seems to bring no results. The RSO President and CARS representative in Ontario had no information on the company when contacted. Some car owners would like to know what exactly they are promoting with the money they are also investing in the sport. Even Nascar has deemed some sponsors unacceptable to the image and have prevented them from reappearing. I'm sure there is no question of that in this case, but surely providing a company description is not beyond the abilities of the CARS communications people.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Um, guys, I'm pitching sponsors right now and I'm too afraid to send them to Special Stage thanks to this. What the heck is going on here? If you want to be eligible for the money, run the stickers. If you don't think this is the kind of sponsor that Canadian Rally should have, talk to CARS. But what kind of sponsor should Canadian rally NOT have? This isn't anything like "Got Balls?" if you recall that debate in the US...

Would YOU put money back into the sport with few probable payoffs if this is the response you got?

ACP
Flirting with the laws of physics.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I would not.....i totally understand that any bad command regard to sponsor is very bad in many, many aspect.

wen i sponsor riders one of firsts the thing i tell them is to never talk bad about our product and if they are not happy whit it or if they have a problem whit it to come and talk to me first.

the thing whit this sponsorship deal is that we have many question about it... forum are nice place to talk about stuff.(since we don't see each otter often).......but you are right it mite not be the place to talk about stuff like that...

a good thing would be to find more 1000$ sponsor ...I don't see why we could not find 10 or more ?...it would make a good $$ at the end of the year...BUT....they would have to down size the decals....coz whit 2 more decals like that i wont be able to see true the windshield ;)

one thing is for shure...is that its not whit topic like this that we will get more...:-(

As for hoo is this sponsors...i woudl not care if it was a sex shop,Zellers, a condom company or a gay pride association...if they want to help they are more then welcome...

Last comment... if there was more communication im shure we would not see discussion like this on public forums...

Alain Lavoie
24Rallyteam
http://www.abikeonline.com/24rallyteam/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts