Special Stage Forums banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· No, your other left!
933 Posts
I agree that I don't care if it's a national or regional, or who is there - I'm just there to have a good time with some great people.

However, I do prefer 2 day events, only because if I have to tow for 10+ hours, I'd like to get as much seat time as possible.

· Registered
1,059 Posts
We have beat this horse to death and I didn't mean to pull a Lazarus on it. If I were King, and needed to shorten the season, I would pull a WRC and rotate my "bottom" events. I also don't care much if SRTUSA and Monster!!!! shows or not, but the city of Steamboat does and a % of the worker base does, and some events would be in a bad way minus 15% of their walk-up marshalls.

· Cheddarwagen Pilot
1,828 Posts
I agree that I don't care if it's a national or regional, or who is there - I'm just there to have a good time with some great people.

However, I do prefer 2 day events, only because if I have to tow for 10+ hours, I'd like to get as much seat time as possible.
Unfortunately, the loss of the roads used at Saturday LSPR was completely unrelated to RA's decision on it being a national event.

And of course this whole discussion was restarted after somebody suggested that the events need NASA sanctioning. I haven't noticed Monster/Rockstar/SRTUSA at any NASA events, either.

· Registered
156 Posts
October 14th-15th

LSPR will be October 14th and 15th.
They are looking for enough roads to make it a two day.
No Luck with the Keweenaw but may be able to do something with the Forest Service and Baraga.

Kevin DeLoughary

I'm not an LSPR Organizer, but I have played one on TV

· ITURNRT
2,067 Posts
LSPR will be October 14th and 15th.
They are looking for enough roads to make it a two day.
No Luck with the Keweenaw but may be able to do something with the Forest Service and Baraga.

Kevin DeLoughary

I'm not an LSPR Organizer, but I have played one on TV
YES! Two or one days, definitly will be there this year. I'm searching for a donor car to fix the Civic.

Bummer about the Keweenaw, I really want to tackle Brockway in my new car.

· ITURNRT
2,067 Posts
Couple LSPR 2011 Questions:
(hopefully someone from the organizing staff can answer)

Will it for sure be two days ?

Jembas ?

One Pass Recce ?

Burma ?
Thread got posted. 2 days. Following to the facebook page, it's all south of Houghton, so unfortunaltely no Burma/Brockway/Delaware.

Unsure about other Recce, but I don't doubt it will have Jembas.

· Registered
130 Posts
Notes and Recce

At this time, I was told as was last year notes will be provided. This of course will be confirmed shortly by me with Mr. Hurst RC/RA. Regarding Recce, no not at this time.

Two day format, see Max Attack this forum under M.A. I posted there also.

We are sad to report that the land owner GMO is still holding out on permits, not just for rally, but also for snowmo, X-country skiing and Dog sled.

We are however bringing back a few roads from a couple years ago, and rerunning ones from last year.

The Rallymaster is hard at work dealing with a route and should have a schedule soon.

And yes the above note of running south is true, but not in the same area both days.

So we hope to have a nice selection of roads and degrees of say difficulty.

I hope to have the web site up and cleaned by the First of August with details.

Also for those on face book, we will try to do the same, I'm kinda a shy guy and don't like to talk.
A side note is that LSPR is the 2011 Regional Finals, but it is also the first round of the 2012 Cendiv rally series, there will be two events scored as LSPR I and LSPR II for 2012.
Dean R.
C0-Chair lsprorally.com
LSPR Regional Rally
RC/RA Regional Rally Championship
Final Round of Max Attack

· Registered
372 Posts
Ferd:

Jemba notes is usually RA.

How it works is similar to the way Rocky was run for many years.

If you have lots of courage (or lack some other things) you assume the notes are accurate, reliable and that your driving style meshes. Then you can fully commit to the notes.

Unfortunately as at least three of us proved at Rocky on a certain left over crest coming down Powderface, that is not always the case - or the best strategy.

You and Martin will love LSPR - just bring lots of fuel assuming they run stages like Passmore and Far Point. Foot on floor = lots of fuel burnt and lots of fun.

Jim

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.