Special Stage Forums banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

· LSPR speccie/worker & YBJ fan
837 Posts
With all the b-days happening on same day as LSPR, we should have a special celebration at Parc Expose. I'll ask my wife to bake cupcakes for 500 people... :p

· just another old phart
2,347 Posts
Jimmy,
All you co-drivers tell me the same thing... "Shut up and drive"... is it just me? or is it part of navvie 101??
Bryan
There you go screwing up by trying to think again. Shut up and drive.

· Registered
419 Posts
I drove once.

I had the lobotomy done beforehand.....

The tough part was un-doing it, afterwards...........

press on,
I figure if I don't "un-do" the lobotomy, I will have saved $ to help repair the car after the navvie screwed up and caused an off that somehow, on the surface, appears to be the drivers fault!
That statement makes complete sense to all drivers... I don't expect anyone else to understand.
See you all at LSPR!
Bryan

· "L5 into R4...oh...tightens"
95 Posts
I still can't believe we lost Colorado (still my favorite of the rallies I've been too) and LSPR because RA wanted to make room for rallycross. But now that Rally America/Rally Car lost Rallycross AND Xgames to the Global Rallycross organization, can we have these events back? If not, why can't NASA sanction them?

· Not Ideal
751 Posts
I still can't believe we lost Colorado (still my favorite of the rallies I've been too) and LSPR because RA wanted to make room for rallycross. But now that Rally America/Rally Car lost Rallycross AND Xgames to the Global Rallycross organization, can we have these events back? If not, why can't NASA sanction them?
I think there's some confusion here. LSPR ran last year under Rally America. Ojibwe ran last year under Rally America - the only rally that was cut from the National schedule and did not continue was Colorado and that was the organizing committee's decision. Also, Rally America is still involved in rallycross. Taken from the Global RallyCross website
The sport debuted in the US at X Games 16 in Los Angeles in 2010, to great success, prompting Global RallyCross Management to organize and promote a US series in 2011. Global RallyCross Management also manages invitations and competition for X Games Rally contests. The series is sanctioned by RallyCar, the organization that promotes and organizes off-road rally car racing in the United States.

· eating dust taking photos
3,868 Posts
I think there's some confusion here. LSPR ran last year under Rally America. Ojibwe ran last year under Rally America - the only rally that was cut from the National schedule and did not continue was Colorado and that was the organizing committee's decision. Also, Rally America is still involved in rallycross. Taken from the Global RallyCross website

Yep.

Rally Colorado was built to be a National Championship Rally.

They were encouraged to do so.

Given the small town nature of Steamboat, as well as the business relationships that had been integrated into the rally in the last couple of years, Rally Colorado would no longer work as a regional.

My understanding is that the county gave/will give the road permits in a small calendar window for what is essentially free. There are/were committee members that will mentor a new organizer if someone wants to step up... Nobody from the largely Denver based community was in a position of willingness to commit both the time and money.

· Stage Rally Racing Fan
109 Posts
"carl" said- "I think there's some confusion here. LSPR ran last year under Rally America. Ojibwe ran last year under Rally America - the only rally that was cut from the National schedule and did not continue was Colorado and that was the organizing committee's decision.

Actually, that is incorrect. LSPR & Ojibwe in 2010 ran under rally America, BUT as Regional Rallies, NOT National. I was at LSPR; there was no SRT USA, no Antoine LeStage. It was a 1 Day Regional. Still worth driving up from Wisconsin, though. (It was a Max Attack Round as well.)I heard there from a Marshall that the plan was to have LSPR run as a Regional in 2010 & 2011, and then rejoin the National Schedule in 2012. I can only assume the same would be true for Ojibwe. Colorado, don't know, since its no longer a rally, but the National Schedule would be better if they were all back.

· Not Ideal
751 Posts
"carl" said- "I think there's some confusion here. LSPR ran last year under Rally America. Ojibwe ran last year under Rally America - the only rally that was cut from the National schedule and did not continue was Colorado and that was the organizing committee's decision.

Actually, that is incorrect. LSPR & Ojibwe in 2010 ran under rally America, BUT as Regional Rallies, NOT National. I was at LSPR; there was no SRT USA, no Antoine LeStage. It was a 1 Day Regional. Still worth driving up from Wisconsin, though. (It was a Max Attack Round as well.)I heard there from a Marshall that the plan was to have LSPR run as a Regional in 2010 & 2011, and then rejoin the National Schedule in 2012. I can only assume the same would be true for Ojibwe. Colorado, don't know, since its no longer a rally, but the National Schedule would be better if they were all back.
actually it isn't incorrect. I never specified that they were run as National events. ;) Just that they were run under RA sanctioning. I said, that of the 3 that were dropped from Nationals, the only one that did not happen at all was Colorado.

I competed in both, I think I would know. :cool:

· Registered
3,601 Posts
same here! I may drive one of those cars with too many axles and diffs but I love to watch the MaxAttack competition! I need to find more garage space so I can build a 2wd car
Max Attack guys *love* AWD cars.

Especially in the winter - they pull us out so much better :)

PM me if you're at all serious about wanting a 2WD car, though. Or Maybe we can do a swap for an event :)

· LSPR speccie/worker & YBJ fan
837 Posts
Keep in mind that LSPR will also be the "Regional Rally Cup", so all the top regional teams can battle it out once again.

· Registered
1,059 Posts
I guess if you think a one day regional without the top teams is just as good as being in the national championship, there's no issue here. I don't. Those rallies (and Ojeb) were hosed for one reason: Rallycross. Debate the merits of a shorter 6 event championship, that's fine. it's probably the right choice. But the selection of the ones in and ones out was not done on the merits of the events, IMHO.

· eating dust taking photos
3,868 Posts
I guess if you think a one day regional without the top teams is just as good as being in the national championship, there's no issue here. I don't. Those rallies (and Ojeb) were hosed for one reason: Rallycross. Debate the merits of a shorter 6 event championship, that's fine. it's probably the right choice. But the selection of the ones in and ones out was not done on the merits of the events, IMHO.

As someone who has championed that sentiment with vigor, and shares it, let me present the following:

What criteria for dropping three events would have been less arbitrary? All criteria for dropping events would have been at least somewhat arbitrary at best. There would have never been a good way to do it as all events had detractors and very positive factors as well.

The fact that the chosen criteria included one event in it that RA was aware would likely not be able to continue as a regional is regrettable.

I am still very happy that Ojibwe and LSPR were in a position to restructure back to a regional and remain viable even if that wasn't possible for my rally, Rally Colorado.

· International Rallying Icon
683 Posts
I guess if you think a one day regional without the top teams is just as good as being in the national championship, there's no issue here...
I won't debate the relative merits of the shorter schedule or the criteria used to select the those events to be included/excluded, but as for the 1st point, I'd be willing to bet that, if you took a poll amongst those of us who are active competitors, you'd find that most of us really don't care if a rally is a 1-day or 2-day, a divisional or a national. All we want is seat time.

I've been to LSPR three times now. The first two were as service crew for teams that needed wins to clinch national championships (one trip successful and the other a close 2nd place) and the third, last year, co-driving for Chris Greenhouse and running as part of MaxAttack! and the Regional Rally Championship (or whatever the hell we call it these days). I can assure you that last year was, by far, the most fun trip, regardless of the lack of attendance by the "top teams." Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against any of those folks and have run with them in nationals in both the USA and Canada, but at the end of the day I really don't care what the status of the event is or who is on the entry list. All I want to do is play in the woods. ;)

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.