Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to a long-time UP denizen who checked the local weather forecast, and according to Weatherbug (www.weatherbug.com -- you really need this freebie download on your desktop), this year's Lspr is forecast to be mostly cloudy, lows 25-30, highs 40-45, with EXCELLENT chance of snow...some accumulations are expected, starting possibly as early as Tuesday.

Pack the woolies and the mud/snow treads, troops...and I hope everyone likes root beer...

·
Registered
1 Posts
We're sleeping 3 in a grand cherokee.. Will anyone let us sleep on your floor? We'll be sneaky! Please? We don't each much, and my friends will perform hard labor for you.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Heikki Lunta Snowdance

this year's Lspr is forecast to be mostly
>cloudy, lows 25-30, highs 40-45, with EXCELLENT chance of
>snow...some accumulations are expected, starting possibly by Tuesday

Me and Heikki were taking sauna Saturday night and he was talking about the weather the whole time. Oh poikka he wasn't kidding.
THERE WAS AN INCH TO 2 INCHES ACCUMULATION IN THE WOODS ALREADY ON SUNDAY MORNING!!!!!

YES YES YES YES YES !!!

I love rallying in crappy conditions, Let me count the ways...

I love POR in slush
turn da Menge Creek to mush
checkbook racer upsidedown in da brush
new WRX and Lancers get CRUSHED
to the podium Seppanen/Himes will rush

Bring on the crap!!!!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
>Man, 4 of us sleeping in my cherokee in 30 degree weather is gonna suck

Kids these days are such WUSSES!

A buddy and I slept in the reclining seats of my Datsun 510 at the Winnipeg Ice Race in about 1975. It was only about -10F that night.

Duane "Ziggy" Johnson used to sleep outside in his sleeping bag at ice races... ON PURPOSE! He turned down many offers of floor space.

Besides, 4 people in a Jeep are probably gonna put out enough body heat to make it uncomfortably warm for sleeping.

At least chilly weather should keep the leaf-peepers out of the Keweenaw for the weekend.

·
Registered
33 Posts
RE: Heikki Lunta Snowdance

Yah, Heikki told me to pring my Carharts and Icemans cause I'm going to have to muck waste deep trough snow all weekend. Can't find my orange cap though. I better put some of dos Bliztek tires on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It snowed...

The Houghton to Marquette area received snow yesterday, but it didn't stay for long. Literally blizzard one second, sun the next and then back to blizzard.

Snow is forecasted for tonight / tomorrow.

It might be very chilly. Tim is exactly right...this could provide great assistance with the color-season tourists. Color season is very late this year and most leaves are still on the trees actively coloring.

Please pack many layers of clothes. It's not unusual for us to have snow one night and balmy weather the next day. Makes me wonder why I live here....and why I trashed the tires Soloing this year for it's still too nice for putting on the snows.

·
Registered
41 Posts

I awoke yesterday to see a glorious white coating on the roof and front lawn.

The first thing I thought of was: "I hope this lasts til next weekend to throw those Subaru ringers for a loop." :7

Some time you gotta give 'er, ya know?

See y'all on the stages, hopefully with horizontal snow.

·
Registered
274 Posts

>
>YES YES YES YES YES !!!
>
>I love rallying in crappy conditions, Let me count the
>ways...
>
>I love POR in slush
>turn da Menge Creek to mush
>checkbook racer upsidedown in da brush
>new WRX and Lancers get CRUSHED
>to the podium Seppanen/Himes will rush
>
>Bring on the crap!!!!!

Yep! Up until today it's been either raining or snowing (and they're calling for some of that tonight). With the warm temperatures we get when it's not snowing, the roads should be nice and soupy. Be sure to bring along the Mud Terrains.

And the pacenote crew was whining about one of the Keweenaw stages being too rough for their Focus- they wanted somebody in a truck or SUV to drive them down it.

Hopefully the first couple stages will clear out the wusses and make my job in scoring a little easier.

·
Registered
274 Posts
>Duane "Ziggy" Johnson used to sleep outside in his sleeping
>bag at ice races... ON PURPOSE! He turned down many offers
>of floor space.

Let this serve as a reminder to always wear your SNELL approved helmet.
;-)

·
Registered
1 Posts

Saw some Subies on their way to Da P! In a couple of days they will be scraping the trees. Jake will be puking unless he takes the wheel. Looking for the full "moon" and a Ming meal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts