Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In at least one regard, the LSPR seed list is quite out of date. Matthew Iorio should be a Seed 2 by virtue of his 13 seeding points earned this year.
He was 4th overall in the Maine ProRally (earning 10 seeding points), and 8th overall (earning 3 seeding points) in the Oregon Pro rally this year.
On an unrelated note, he will be driving that nice Cascade Autosport built Mitsubishi EVO 7 RS!!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
The final start order needs to be approved by the series steward. So, if there are any errors in the seeding, they'll get taken care of then.

-james

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
Yeah, I'm still listed as a seed 3, but I've been a seed 2 all season. Might even be 1 by now, gotta check. Regardless the start order still set by SF, and hopefully a litte common sense. Anybody wanna be in front of Seamus in a car he doesn't own?

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

·
Lake Superior Region
106 Posts
Gentlemen,

I use the car number/seed list as provided by SCCA. If you have any questions email John McArthur at: [email protected]. I have several entries with no car number or seed position on their paperwork so I have to rely on "the list". I will note the corrections already posted here, but you should really check with John to get an update.

Sue Martens
LSPR Registrar

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Um, what difference does it make?

Is seed used for anything anymore?

press on,

·
L1 !!! HPR into HPL
950 Posts
>Um, what difference does it make?

Your comment is correct Jimmy but, for those who do care, John is no longer keeping track of seeds and speed factors. Those can be found on the Rally-America web page and I hope the speed factors used for LSPOR are from that site and not the old John numbers
>
>Is seed used for anything anymore?

Yes, to determine the ability to get a Pro License and, how many cars get a 2 minute window.

David Weiman
rallydave at pobox dot com

·
3,909 Posts
seed irrelevancy

The first has nothing to do with lspr, either you have a pro license or you don't.

The second has not been true since June. ALL speed factor drivers .95 or greater get 2 minutes.

>
>Yes, to determine the ability to get a Pro License and, how
>many cars get a 2 minute window.

press on,

·
Registered
25 Posts
RE: seed irrelevancy

For the record....in 2004 John M updated the SEEDS and reported these to SCCA and Rally America, Rally America updated the SPEED FACTORS. Rally America in 2004 was not responsible for updating seeds-we got our information from the same SCCA website you all utilized. As Jimmy noted the number of 2 minute windows is determined by the number of cars with a speed factor of .95 and greater. Both seed and speed factor (and car class) are used to determine a working copy of a start order. As both James and Dennis note this is merely a starting point. I have both the ProRally series steward and the ClubRally steward review the start order before it is posted. Changes can and have been made after posting. Anyone questioning their position in the start order should speak with the appropriate steward.
As for 2005...well stay tuned :)
Heidi Meyers
Rally America Scoring

·
Faster !!!!
768 Posts
RE: seed irrelevancy

LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT ?

IS LSPR USING AN OUT OF DATE SEED LIST TO
DETERMINE THE START ORDER !

IS IT REQUIRED BY SCCA RULES THAT START ORDER BE
DETERMINED BY SPEED FACTOR ?

Everyone knows that Mr. McArthur has not updated the
seed list for some time.

·
3,909 Posts
ryfm

Ole-

1) read what Heidi wrote.

2) switch to decaf.

3) I'll buy you a beer.

press on,

·
Faster !!!!
768 Posts
RE: ryfm

HI JIMMY !
... (emphasis added when necessary)

What does "ryfm" mean ?

Yes I read what Heidi said.

I am just concerned that the LSPR site has what appears to be
a start order posted based on the OUTDATED seed list.
... it makes the appearance that LSPR is using SEED and NOT
speed ranking to determine start order.

From the 2004 SCCA Rules:

2.2.B.1 - "Speedranking is used to set the Start Order of
competitors at events."

2.2.B.3.c - "The Speedranking chart supercedes all the old seeding
system for determining the start order only."

·
Registered
1,407 Posts

Ole,

The original entry list just had us all listed by car number, lowest to highest. It appears that the latest entry list has us grouped by seed and then listed by car number order again. It is not a start order.

I agree with you, though. When the start order IS published, it needs to be determined by speed factor.

·
Faster !!!!
768 Posts

I've been an Engineer for 20 years and I'm
not going to start reading the manual now !

hehehe . . .;)

Thanx Randy . . .

·
3,909 Posts

Ole-

That is an "entry" list.

It is NOT a "start" order.

Sue Martens does NOT determine start order.

2.2.B.1 & 2.2.B.3.c still apply.

No worries, mate.

SWITCH TO DECAF!

press on,

·
Registered
64 Posts
Speed factors

Is it just me, or do other people think the speed factor methodology needs a serious rethink?

The LSPR entry list is a good example - why is Seamus Burke 8th on the road behind people that he normally beats by at LEAST 2sec/mile or more?

Also, if the rules are applied equally, then if David Higgins comes back his "speed factor" would have him starting well down the field. :p

Something is screwy with this system...the intention is good but the result is grossly innacurate. Seems like there needs to be manual correction involved...

The system is supposed to be for safety; not a rewards system

·
Registered
309 Posts
RE: Speed factors

>Is it just me, or do other people think the speed factor
>methodology needs a serious rethink?
>
>The LSPR entry list is a good example - why is Seamus Burke
>8th on the road behind people that he normally beats by at
>LEAST 2sec/mile or more?
>
>Also, if the rules are applied equally, then if David
>Higgins comes back his "speed factor" would have him
>starting well down the field. :p
>
>Something is screwy with this system...the intention is good
>but the result is grossly innacurate. Seems like there
>needs to be manual correction involved...
>
>The system is supposed to be for safety; not a rewards
>system

Mark, Have you ever heard of a seeded draw?

Even if Seamus beats the other guys by 2 sec. per mile, he still has a 2 minute window (120 seconds or 60 miles before it is an issue). I would much rather start 8th on the road instead of 1st. More grip, readable lines etc.

There is nothing wrong with speed factors when they are applied to guys that regularly compete.

·
Registered
309 Posts
RE: Speed factors

Looking at the times from stage 1 at LSPR Seamus is, in fact not beating people by 2 sec per mile. I think Martin beat him by 2 sec per mile.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts