Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide on running the Pro or Club event at LSPR and wondering if I could get some advice from past competitors.

The stage times on their website list a shorter special stage distance for the Club competitors on Friday. Is this correct and has this been done in the past? The last combined event I ran was at Sno-Drift and I thought the Club event was the same as the Pro?

The debate for me is more of a $$ for miles question. Lower entry for Club, contigency in Club (Neon), but more stage miles in Pro (more seat time).

Any observations or assistance would be helpful. Thanks

Kevin Wesley

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yep, last year the club guys had to cut out early. Don't know how many times this happened in the past nor am I sure if they are going to have a shorter club this year. Maybe someone else could chime in on that one.

-Matt never-been-more-pumped-for-a-race-in-my-life Himes

·
Registered
339 Posts
The Friday Club rally began finishing earlier because of just how lat the event runs on Friday night. The last year that the club entries ran all of Friday most club teams got to bed at 4-5am and were up at 8am that same day. I believe the safety steward was not amused by this.

Therefore the Friday club event doesn't run the last 3 stages. I hope to be in bed by midnight and not 5 am.

Brian

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>The Friday Club rally began finishing earlier because of
>just how lat the event runs on Friday night. The last year
>that the club entries ran all of Friday most club teams got
>to bed at 4-5am and were up at 8am that same day. I believe
>the safety steward was not amused by this.
>
>Therefore the Friday club event doesn't run the last 3
>stages. I hope to be in bed by midnight and not 5 am.

We ran the ClubRallies last year - I like the concept of getting some sleep Friday night. I didn't particularly miss doing the national-only stages (except for their effect on my NARC championship bid...:(). You still get a respectable amount of stage miles.

Adrian

·
Registered
142 Posts
If seat time is important and you have your national license, why woundn't you do the national? The only reason I can think of to run club (if you have a national license) is would be to salvage the Saturday stages in case of a repairable failure on Friday night. But with only 30 some miles of stage on Saturday that isn't as much an issue. Personally, I understand the reason for the short Friday, but was still disappointed to be shorted the stage miles. As a clubber, I could use every stage mile I can get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts