Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there going to be an entry list posted soon. Also, does anyone have James Bialas' e-mail. I need to make sure he gets photos for the program. Thanks.;)

Jerry

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
Try [email protected] (Right from his user profile, SS is a great resource!)

Here's another from his site: [email protected]

JB: Entry info is available on the website (but I suppose you knew that).

Kent Gardam

·
Registered
95 Posts
>For some reason I couldn't find the entry list on the
>web, but this list just showed up on the MTU rally-l mailing
>list so I thought I'd share it here....

>
>car# Driver/Co-Driver
>2 Ramana Lagemann/Mike Kidd
>3 Rhys Millen/Garry Cowan

No car #1??? No Lovell? Perhaps Subaru thinks he's going to be prevented from entering due to naughtiness at Wild West?

Come on, where's the rumor mill? I want conspiracy, dagnabit.

Mike Anson
In the Midwest? Join the Rally Cabal!
Now with forums! http://www.rallycabal.com

·
Registered
33 Posts
Johny Milner and Tapio Laukenan

Does anyone have anymore information about Laukenan and Milner at LSPR? I saw them on the latest entry list but it doesn't have any info on what they are driving. I hope this isn't a cruel joke.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
RE: Johny Milner and Tapio Laukenan

It is Subaru's attempt at blocking Hyundai from winning the manufacturers championship. Hyundai has to finish 4th or better to wrap it up, so Subaru is bringing them in to try to take up those positions. So they will be driving Subies. I guess Subaru can't fight fair.

·
Registered
533 Posts

Hyundai has done the same thing in the past by having John Buffum enter in the old elantra.

jblewis

G

·
0 Posts

Hyundai did it at Snodrift 2002 with the Sprongles, and Maine 2000 with Mcgeer.

The more the better.

Peter

·
Registered
768 Posts

- It's Tapio LAUKKANEN...and he's going to win overall.
- While back he beat everybody in England and won the championship in a 2WD VW Golf.
- Johny Milner won recently in a WRC Corolla. These two are going to duke it out IF there's no team orders (???)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts

There probably will be, because, I think Lovell/Ramana have to finish 1st or 2nd if I am not mistaken. It will also depend on what happens with the inquiry

·
Marketing through Motorsports
1,385 Posts

>There probably will be, because, I think Lovell/Ramana have
>to finish 1st or 2nd if I am not mistaken. It will also
>depend on what happens with the inquiry

I'm not sure if the finishing order is important for the Manufacturer's Championship. Or do they have to designate certain drivers? If not, Subaru just wants to have their folks in the top three or four positions. If it's gotta be Mark and Ramana at the top, then we'll probably see team orders.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts

If it's gotta be
>Mark and Ramana at the top, then we'll probably see team
>orders.

Yes, there can only be two nominated cars and only one can count for points, also I think both cars have to be in the same livery.

Yes, it is the Same Troy Lee

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
RE: Troy Lee

I wondered about that when I saw his name on the entry list as Seed 8. I don't know who Troy Lee is and whether he has qualifying experience but 2.1.D.1 seems to say you must be Seed 5 or better (or qualifying experience) to have a Pro License. Will he be allowed to run the Pro event as a Seed 8?

Kent Gardam

·
Registered
272 Posts
RE: Troy Lee

All it takes is for the series steward to sign off to get a Pro-Rally license (2.1.D.2 in the rule book) without any prior experiance.

Things like equivalent experiance abroad or in another form of racing would help get the waver, or perhaps if a driving school says you are up to it.

·
Registered
415 Posts

Lets not forget, that by the rules set by the manufacturer's themselves, that the nominated drivers do not need to be the same drivers at every event. Jonny or Tapio could be a nominated driver like Hyundai did at Sno-Drift.

Also, Mark Lovell could still win the Open Class title, but not the Overall title. 121 to 101, with a point give for Starting and Finishing.

Jeff Burmeister
SpecialStage.com

·
Registered
533 Posts
This is interesting:

<From the entry list page @ 10am CDT>
2002 LSPR Tentative Entry List 10/02/2002 9am

temporarily unavailable pending discussions.

JBLewis

1 - 20 of 42 Posts