Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found all kinds of mail order rally stuff on the net, but most from USA. None in canada other that Four Star. Do any of you recomend any located in Canada if there are any?

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
Matt,

What are you looking for?

Rome Awde in Calgary - OK, Cochrane really - is just now starting to work with Terracan for the terratrip stuff, as well as seats, belts etc.

e-mail me at [email protected] and I can forward contact info

Keith

·
Registered
132 Posts
In Vancouver.... check out www.rallyequipment.com - they sell brantz rally computers (a number of people have switched from terra to brantz - including myself - but then again - that's IMHO) :D

For rally equipment / racing stuff - goto www.ompwins.com ( aka Driver's Edge Motor Sports on Boundary and Lougheed) - talk to Frank. He's the authorized OMP distributor.

Ken

·
Registered
426 Posts
Mat, what are you looking for? I am local to you and have already gone through most of what you are going through (trying to prepare for your first event) I have sourced a lot of parts, let me know what you want and I'll see if I can help.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I just about have everything now, but still looking for terra trip. Everything else I have needed I have found for great prices here and there, done allot of searching for the best price. Also I think I need a new skid pad.

·
Registered
426 Posts
For a new skid plate, take your old one off to use as a template and take it to Alberta Metal Supply on the south side. They will cut, bend, fab whatever you need. Great prices, lots of stock, excellent service. My 3/16" 6061 Al skid plate cost $175, cut to size with 4 bends. Aluminum plate is expensive, just so you know, the material itself was $160...

·
Registered
426 Posts
All I did to have mine made was scribble some measurements on paper, fax it in to AMS, and pick up the skid plate the next day, it fit perfectly. Just make sure your measurements are accurate.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yep, as of June 1, 2002. I haven't installed one yet, but it's another month and a half until Kanaskis. High flow "performance" cats are readily available from Atlas Muffler on 99th.

·
Registered
426 Posts
You do have a 2002 rule book, don't you? Window film is recomended (but not required) on all windows (except windshield). The same rules apply for rally as they do on the street. Anything goes for the rear windows, but as for the front sides, you'd be risking a ticket if you drive your car on the street with anything more than a clear film or very light tint.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont have a rule book, or CARS licensce yet. I have been spending all my money to make sure my car does not fall apart on the stage.

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
Matt,

You'll probably get this lecture repeatedly, but before you spend anymore money on the car, get yourself a copy of the current rulebook, pull up a comfortable chair, and read it cover to cover three or four or five times. The money you save by not making mistakes will be more than offset by what you invest in the rule book. Good luck with your project!

Kent Gardam

·
Registered
280 Posts
>Matt,
>
>You'll probably get this lecture repeatedly, but before you
>spend anymore money on the car, get yourself a copy of the
>current rulebook, pull up a comfortable chair, and read it
>cover to cover three or four or five times. The money you
>save by not making mistakes will be more than offset by what
>you invest in the rule book. Good luck with your project!
>
>Kent Gardam

i second that !!

i wasted money on 2 set of belts that wont be legal in 2003 :-(
becose they are not camlock...

·
Registered
426 Posts
I got one from the rally school, and one for each CARS license holder in my household (x2). I think I aquired a 4th somehow....
E-mail me and I'll give you my address.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts