Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
"L5 into R4...oh...tightens"
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has shots or pictures of my car (silver BMW 318) at LSPR, I would really appreciate you contacting me. Jerry and Tom took some great shots but if anyone else has any shots or video, I would love to see them.

In particular, I am looking for a shot of me on I believe Stage 7, Far Point 2, passing the really bright yellow Suzuki Swift. I am positive I saw a flash go off from the right side of the road and would love to see the shot if someone knows who took it.

Thanks, Bill

·
"L5 into R4...oh...tightens"
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Suspension and engine mounts

I ran 250 LB front springs and 475 lbs rears until the last event where I jammed some monsterous oe behive springs in the rear that I found in my basement. Unfortunatly my road race springs suck for rally and coil binded a lot which crushed the rear trailing arms - I am new to this and was sure my car was strong enough to take it. I added a two inch longer spring In the rear (to account for the crushing) for rally Colorado and it crushed it so bad that I put the taller oe ones in to get some ride height back. I put in new bilstien hd's up front and used ones in the rear. Stock 318 sway bars.

As for the motor mounts I was using Vorshlags design which I dont care for, but I was unable to locate any other good M42 mounts other than from Ireland Engineering who I refuse to do business with anymore. The vorshlag mounts are two plates sandwiching a urethane puck with a bolt running thru it. Akg makes mounts that are full urethane with two floating studs (more like ring bolts) that are interconnected in the urethane. But he didn't have them for the m42. It's ok because I'm swapping in an s14 fromtge e30 m3 eith close ratio box and other toys- hopefully good for 240-250hp when done.

As for what happened at LSPR, the tabs/ears that come off the subframe that hold the motor mounts broke off on one side and when the motor collapsed onto the steering rack it broke the other mount in half. Thank gor for rubber mallets and tie down straps.

Carl,I'm also going to start development on an all wheel drive E30 325ix for open class and run the non national events in that next year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts