Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Not to steal Tim's thunder... but I too will be doing Live updates on www.oregontrailrally.com

I can't guarantee I'll have live time scoring, but I'll be there at the host hotel, with laptop plugged in and a HAM radio operator in my room.

I'll be trying to keep the updates timely and interesting. Hopefully better than my weather play by play last year.

See you guys this weekend!!

Paul K
Web Czar Oregontrailrally.com

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Tim:

This is a great photo!

Could you describe the road at this point? It looks as though it is a straight into a near square left, with just enough of a depression in the road prior to the corner to unweight the car, am I close?

Love the dynamics of this picture!

Mike

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
>This is a great photo!
>
>Could you describe the road at this point?

It was a downhill with a crossroad, the spectator area on SS9. Cars headed downhill and turned about 60 degrees left. There was a bump in the shortly before the apex which got the left front just off the ground. See the photo of Wyeth Gubelmann's car hovering over the apex, ditch-hooking a bit, on the www.Subaru.net reports. Both shots were taken standing in a ditch on the inside of the turn.

- TW

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I noticed the thingie (looks like a stick with a pink ribbon hanging out of the grille) sticking out of the front of the car in Lorne's photo as well. What did Mr. Higgins hit???

Jerry

·
Straight At "T"
297 Posts
That would be the pink STi badge and the plastic grille insert. Either it bounced loose, or he hit something.

-Doug

1 - 8 of 8 Posts