Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flatovercrest.com is a new project being run by myself and Warwick Patterson with the core goal of bringing you as close to 'live' coverage as possible of the rally events we all love so much.

Head over to http://www.flatovercrest.com to see how we do on this first try for us. And when you have a chance, drop either of us an email to tell us what you think and mention some of the things you'd like to see on the site.

Best Regards,

Andrew Tilston, Editor
FOC - flatovercrest.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While this is off topic, I seem to be getting a lot of questions about the fate of the TT. The strangest one being someone relaying a rumour they heard that I was involved in a huge accident last year with it LOL... here's what actually happened for those that are interested...

The program was off to a flying start and despite many warnings about having the money in the bank before running a series, my excitment over having such incredible success with the program at that point led me to start up the program anyways. I had already received some funding that would pay for several rallies so I thought I might as well get in early and close the remaining deal during that first eastward swing. I am going to respect the identity of the title sponsor we were working with so don't ask and those that know just leave it out of the forum if you don't mind. Suffice it to say that the title sponsor gave us nothing but the thumbs up and tons of promises that we would be able to put the program together and even cited 3 different options they had for paying money into the rally program. As is obvious, they didn't pay up in the end. I had to pull out of the championship and the car was then only occasionally seen at events in the west.

The car is now being rebuilt back up to full rally spec by a new owner, a friend of mine that is a successful driver in a few other non-rally racing series. Hopefully he'll take it easy and not ball it up!!! Though I think he'll do fine and the rally TT will ride again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts