Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a very little preliminary info on finish at Rallye de Paris by poor cell phone connection.
Eoin McGeough/? in Subaru GN?, first overall
Ryan Lord/Chris White, Lancer? PGT, second
Randy Bailey/Will Perry, Isuzu Impulse G2, third
All twelve cars there finished the last stage they report, but some missed an earlier stage.
The above is a very unofficial report from a competitor before even preliminary results have been issued.
Reported as a great day for a rally at Fort Maxey.
Bill

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Final results, Rallye de Paris

#775 McGeough/Gillipsey, Open, Subaru
#710 Lord/White, PGT, Plymouth Laser
#6 Bailey/Perry, G2, Isuzu Impulse
#37 Rhodes/Rhodes, PGT. Subaru
#708 Chang/Cruzan PGT,
#609 Justus/Caringer G5, Mazda RX7
#86 Halley/Twomey G5, VW Studbug
#800 Strawbridge/Aslinger PGT, Jeep Cherokee
#713 Costas/Robertson G5, Chev. Monza
#706 Lochead/Bailey PGT, Subaru
#771 Smith/Manchester Open, Mazda GTX
#407 Freehill/McGuire G2, VW Jetta, DNF but trooped through the rest of the stages.
Thanks to Richard and Juanita Miller, and the others, for all the hard work.
Bill

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
>Final results, Rallye de Paris
>Thanks to Richard and Juanita Miller, and the others, for
>all the hard work.
>Bill

I'll drink to that! Many thanks to the Millers and all the helpful, happy helpers from the great state of Texas (and elsewhere) who helpd set the rally up and bring it off! The roads were great, the competition fun, the hospitality was right off the scale - event-sponsored hot dog feed at the dinner break as well as pizza & beer at the awards gathering. Great fun and no real fugitive dust problem!!

THANKS WORKERS!!!

Halley ...
ProRally #86
http://www.realautosport.com

·
Registered
54 Posts
>>Final results, Rallye de Paris
>>Thanks to Richard and Juanita Miller, and the others, for
>>all the hard work.
>>Bill

Agreed. Thanks to everyone for making this happen. I had a blast and will definitely be back in December for another round in Paris.

Ryan Lord

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
PS: As we locked the gates at the Camp at 1PM, it started to rain. Tonight the area is under thunderstorm warning with heavy rains and hail. Hope our Kansas folks (Doug and Sue Robinson, Mike and Barb Dickerson and DJ) who are staying at an RV park across the highway from Camp Maxey are okay.
Richard and Juanita

·
Registered
14 Posts
Absolutely incredible experience! I'm a rally junkie for life now! I can't thank the Miller's or the workers enough! I will be attending this rally every year from now on be it as Co-Driver, Driver, Crew, Worker, or Hot Dog cooker!

The only sad part is knowing that Ryan and I are 4 months from our next :-/ but it'll go quick I'm sure.

~Chris White
'04 Co-Driver of the #710 Plymouth Laser PGT

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just want to thank the Millers for another great event. We had a central concrete service area, almost no transit miles, fun, fast, and safe roads, great hospitality, excellent spectating for the public and crews, and perfect weather. Camp Maxey is such a natural place for a rally with all those roads and controlled access, I hope we are welcome there for a long time. A special thanks to Richard for reminding us of what Memorial Day is about at the drivers meeting. Again, thanks to the Millers, and I look forward to December.

Randy Bailey

·
Registered
36 Posts
Gotta agree with Bailey.

The site is perfect. Controlled access, great pits, service crew can stay in one place, etc etc. For those who can make this rally, you really should.

Huge kudos to the Miller's who made it all happen. Many thanks!

Costas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great event, great people, great time !
Thanks for everyone's hard work and all the help and assistance we received before and during the event.

Hope to see you all soon !

John Mazda # 771:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Let me add my thanks to all the workers, new and old. Thanks to Richard and Juanita for bringing this event back. I have a lot of good memories from this event dating back to the July 4th event in 1993, when the cars participated in Paris' Fourth of July parade.

We had a great time and plan to return in December.

Scott Justus.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sure wish I could have been there! Know you all had a great time! Maybe Robert will let me drive next time!
Thanks Richard and Juanita!

Chuck McCrary

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As I'm told, no accident damage to any cars at Fort Maxey! It's a fine place for a safer rally. Perhaps the CRNC will be back there someday.
Bill

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
Uh Bill,
That no accident damage to any rally car doesn't include me ripping the upper a-arm off of my Saab which was running Car 0, course opening. Of course, I didn't really hit any thing and that corner of the car had hit a bridge before I bought the car. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.;)
Richard

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

I was late on the uptake, but I wanted to post about Paris. Seems everybody got here before I did, and basically said everything I wanted to say. For my first event as a real Perf Rally Safty Stew I couldn't have asked for a better venue. Great, fast roads, excellent runoff, and the perfect place in my very limited exerience for new teams and workers to learn the rally craft.

Juanita and Richard did a great job and made my family and me feel very welecome, as everyone on the Texas Region's committee did.

Richard: we did survive the Sunday storms, Doug and Sue bailed early Sunday morning for STPR. We stayed and attempted to go fishing. Attempted being the operative word. DJ had a ball, Barb started cars for the first time and was excited about that. Including flirting with Halley at the start of Stages 5 and 6.

Come play here in December! The National Guard is VERY accomodating, the city of Paris is a huge booster, and if you don't want to hotel it, there are three really good RV parks literally across the street from Camp Maxey.

Great job! As California's Gov would say: Awwlll beee baaaack!

Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.