Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I post this question because I'm a) quite lazy and b) very busy with the rally car build up... :)

I'm aiming to run Big Horn regional. Because the build up of the car has driven me to near bankruptcy, I don't think I'll run any more events until next spring.

So I'm thinking I'll just get a single event license. Does this require a first aid course and a medical examination?

On the other hand, a few of my friends need their first aid qualifications, so I might just go ahead and do it together with them. How long are these valid for? Will I be able to acquire my '05 license on a first aid course done in the next month or so?

·
Itinerant Co-Driver
581 Posts
I can't recall whether you need first aid for a single event license, but your first aid certificate will be good for next year as well. First aid certificates are typically good for three years. IF you do the course this year, it will let you rally well into 2007.

When the time comes that your first aid certificate is going to expire some time in the year, Linda in the CARS office will include a note outlining what to do. Typically, you just get re-certified, send in a copy of your first aid certificate, and they send you an updated license.

Jeff

·
Registered
730 Posts
The first aid and medical exemptions are only for first time license holders. If you have ever held a CARS license in the past, other than a media license or a basic (rally-cross) license, then you need the first aid and medical. This is true whether you're getting a single event license, regional or national license. The exemption is really only meant to ease entry into the sport for a complete newbie, and even then, is only valid for 30 days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts