Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Jens, and I am a rallyholic.

So what's new boys and girls? Nick Craw is heading up ACCUS. SCCA is dumping rally after 30+ years. Speedvision thinks some potty-mouthed NASCAR driver saying "s**t" is more important than ProRally. Interesting.

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,253 Posts
Welcome back Jens! I'm not a rallyholic though. I can quit any time I want to.

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
>Hello, my name is Jens, and I am a rallyholic.
>

Is it the coming of the apocalypse or did I just feel the earth move? Hey, you putting your numbers backers and ProRally #112 on EBay for auction? Collectors items now.

Welcome back from your very last navigator and the guy who successfully got you to quit the sport (well, at least up til now anyway).

Kent Gardam

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Jim:

I'm dissappointed. You eliminated my Jens post. :)

Please watch him closely.

He has been up to his old tricks on the NASIOC forum.

With most everyone here on SpecialStage contributing positive comments to the recent happenings with stage rallying in the USA, it would be a shame to see the Forum revert to some of its less glorious moments of the past.

Doug Woods

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,253 Posts
All are to be judged equally, or not at all. I'm not interested in seeing any personal attacks. The forum has rules and we expect everyone to follow them. If not, they are not welcome here.

Let's go forth and be excellent to each other.

And by the way, I think the forum has sunk very low many times in the recent past. We have earned a bad reputation with many people, but what do you expect when people are allowed to share opinions about things in which we are all very passionate about?

·
don't cut
4,073 Posts
>
>So what's new boys and girls? Nick Craw is heading up
>ACCUS. SCCA is dumping rally after 30+ years. Speedvision
>thinks some potty-mouthed NASCAR driver saying "s**t" is
>more important than ProRally. Interesting.
Have you at least quit smoking?:+

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Relax Doug.

For the first time since the fall of 1998 I see some hope for rally. That is why I'm back.

Mind you, I'm not saying it has been saved. I am saying I see some hope. If NASA and Rally-America can put together the necessary stuff keep rally from dying completely this will be a good thing.

As for Nasioc: The Rally-America administrator/owner/whatever his title is (Doug Havir) had no problems with my comments.

Don't worry so much.

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
one big happy (?) family

Boy, we know each other too well!

>Have you at least quit smoking?:+

press on,

·
Registered
374 Posts
Jens, you were just precognitiant...

Philip J. Boer
grinner323(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
>Relax Doug.
>
>For the first time since the fall of 1998 I see some hope
>for rally. That is why I'm back.

Jens:

OK. Fair comment.

Doug Woods

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
He hasen't been that bad on NASIOC, yet ;-) And I hope he stays sensible. There's wisdom to be learned from all of us, grasshopper.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
>There's wisdom to be learned from all of us, grasshopper.

I hope some of the wisdom you speak of pertains to those who learned from SCCA dumping rally, that the NWO was a big mistake... and they won't let this happen again.

It is too late to undo much of the damage, but it is not too late to learn from the experience.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
>Jens, you were just precognitiant...

I wish it had been clairvoyance, because that would have meant everyone had reason to suspect my knowledge and motives. However, it was plain as day to anyone who took the time to follow what was happening.

One reading of the 1998 proposal and one telephone conversation with Kurt Spitzner in the spring of 1999 confirmed to me the worst.

PRO RALLY was handed to the manufacturers and the "washed" on a silver platter with absolutely no benefit to the unwashed. There was even discussion of a trickle-down effect. It trickled down alright...down into the ground.

Now that the worst has happened (SCCA PRO RALLY has been killed in 5 years after 30+ years) don't let something like this happen again if you want rally to survive in the U.S.

·
Registered
274 Posts
>

Jens!

Ahhhh, I now consider specialstage.com a true forum for rally. It's good to see you back and raisin' hell.

-james

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
>Jens!
>
>Ahhhh, I now consider specialstage.com a true forum for
>rally. It's good to see you back and raisin' hell.
>
>-james

Hello James, Mark, and everyone else.

Yes I'm back... for now. I have no plans to raise hell. Hopefully this split from the smoke-filled back-room political back-slapping of SCCA will help the sport evolve. I really, honestly hope so.

I am formulating a letter to send to the SCCA president to be sent via e-mail. If and when I send it I will post it here, because I don't believe a "club" should hide its dirty laundry.

Best regards to all,

Jens Larsen
Flying Kiwi Racing

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello. My name is Nick and I am a rallyholic. I have been sober for 4 years. Going to meetings is harder every month. I sit and look at the bottle that contains my rally car and have resisted for years but its getting harder.
Nick Leone
former scca member

1 - 20 of 23 Posts