Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the call from John Dillon while on transit back down from the mountain and they won!

A threatening electrical storm is now coming through with hail.

Could not be there since I am working on Treeline Rally stuff...so I am so happy for the guys.

Denise McMahon
Team Manger
Widget Rally Team

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
Congrats to everyone who finished and especially the class winners! Also, new PPIHC class records look to have been set today by Patrick Richard in Group N, Doug Shepherd in Group 5, Mark Brown in Group 2 and Jon Hamilton in what I'll call 'SCCA Production.' Even though John Crawford's 1987 PPIHC Production record still stands at 13:46.61 it was set with a turbocharged and intercooled Daytona Shelby Z that would have run as a PGT car in ProRally. Hamilton's run also eclipsed the existing diesel-powered car record which has been held since 1981 by Gary Eaton and his Peugeot 505 TD.

Just for the record, the other existing class records are owned by Mark Lovell in Open with a 11:39.63 last year and Rod Millen's 1989 PGT run is still tops at 12:43.74.

Halley ...
ProRally #86
http://www.realautosport.com

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Leon and John - Congrats on your first Overall ProRally win !!! And at Pikes Peak to boot !! Leon - I know running Pikes Peak was a huge dream of yours, and after all the problems you had at the peak last year, this year's win must be especially sweet !!

Congrats also to all the record setters, class winners, and other partcicipants !!

=============================================================================

Web site : www.SoCalRally.com
Sponsor : www.VwSpecialties.com

Rally - I don't need no stinkin' epi pen to get my adrenalin rush !!

·
Registered
452 Posts
>Congrats to everyone who finished and especially the class
>winners! Also, new PPIHC class records look to have been
>set today by Patrick Richard in Group N, Doug Shepherd in
>Group 5, Mark Brown in Group 2 and Jon Hamilton in what I'll
>call 'SCCA Production.' Even though John Crawford's 1987
>PPIHC Production record still stands at 13:46.61 it was set

Technically, Hamilton DNF'ed the rally with the blown turbo on SS1 and I think the 2 wheel drive Production record, non turbo would have been Guy Light's 15:05 in the GTI.

I may be wrong, but I'm sure about the DNF... We would be one of the teams that was happy to see the last stage cancelled, however, we would have pushed the car up the hill if we had to...

Mark Tabor
www.taborrallyteam.com

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes congrats to all of the class winners and record setters. Even with the interesting weather...it must have been a exciting event.

I kept my fingers crossed for Leon and John...they needed this win. Plus, Nick Korpal had a successful run as 7th in Open class and 17th overall out of 30 competitors.

Plus... we picked up a sponsor for COG; so it was a successful week!

Now on to Maine......

Denise McMahon
Team Manager
Widget Rally Team

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
>Technically, Hamilton DNF'ed the rally with the blown turbo
>on SS1 and I think the 2 wheel drive Production record, non
>turbo would have been Guy Light's 15:05 in the GTI.

Right, but DNFing the ProRally did not preclude one from setting a PPIHC record Saturday, which Jon did re: the diesel car record at least.

Sorry I missed Guy's 1989 run with the GTI, that certainly should stand as the SCCA Production record.

>I may be wrong, but I'm sure about the DNF... We would be
>one of the teams that was happy to see the last stage
>cancelled, however, we would have pushed the car up the hill
>if we had to...
>
>Mark Tabor
>www.taborrallyteam.com

Congrats on the win and the commanding lead in the class championship! Now tell us how you worked out that deal with the Weather Gods ... ;-)

Halley ...
ProRally #86
http://www.realautosport.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.