Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with Leda? Im sure there are many people that have used their struts/shocks so what did you think?

Thanks

·
Registered
222 Posts
I used to have the B-type (non-reservoir) coilovers on the Celica. They worked fine--faded occasionally, but held up OK. The DMS 50mm struts are better in every way.

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
Kid, I have plenty of experience in all sorts of shocks and for competition you wasnt to see the words MONOTUBE GAS SHOCK or you will learn the words CAVITATION and AEREATION all too well.
Fade is just a matter of time, no two ways around it in non monotube gas shocks.

John Vanlandingham

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
Shhhhhhhhush! Bad boy! you wern't supposed to say something just yet, but since you did, we are down there at the machine shop ready to start chopping, looks as though the bodies have enough meat to accept the top mount to ber attached. Gotta find ready supply of minimum 3" ID springs, that may the hard part.

Same time we are at the carve up time on the long top for the rear shocks, I'll keep you (private) posted.

John Vanlandingham

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've been using Leda suspension on my Focus (Production class) for two years. The front struts were custom built with external gas cylinders, struts and shocks have custom valving. Haven't had any trouble. I shopped all the brands, these were the best available in my budget. Would buy again!

Ken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts