Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from www.rallyplanet.com:

Tapio Laukkanen will drive an AV Sport Subaru on January' s Sno*Drift Rally. The talented Finn should be a real threat to the manufacturer teams, and AV Sport has proven that they can compete at the highest level.

"Finns grow up driving on snow and gravel and Tapio is certainly a driver that has proven his ability at world level," commented team boss Andy Brown.

Regular co-driver Ilkka Riipinen will join Laukkanen and, as usual, the car will be backed by Pirelli, Motul, and Hella.

"I am looking forward both to the event and to competing with this year's championship winning team," commented Tapio.

The Sno*Drift Rally, the first leg of the 2003 SCCA ProRally series, takes place on January 24th and 25th in Atlanta, Michigan.

-Mike Anderson
AV Sport
www.avsport.net
602-431-9357
fax 602-426-0876

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I, for one, can't wait. Laukkanen was spectacular in what little we saw of him on the WRC coverage last year. Very smooth. He is destined to join Petter, Markku, et. al. as the new generation of great drivers.

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
>I, for one, can't wait. Laukkanen was spectacular in what
>little we saw of him on the WRC coverage last year. Very
>smooth. He is destined to join Petter, Markku, et. al. as
>the new generation of great drivers.

And I bet he's young & hungry enough that being as gentlemanly as Stiq Blomquist was at Maine a few years ago may not even cross his mind! Scandanavians in the stateside snow - how many MINUTES might he win by?!?!?

Halley ...
http://www.realautosport.com

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Scandanavians in the stateside
>snow - how many MINUTES might he win by?!?!?

Mike:

The only thing to remember is that he has probably never driven a winter rally without studs. Still, he is probably the favourite, unless Frank Sprongl enters.

Doug Woods

·
Registered
789 Posts
Didn't he crash his car in practice before last year's finale?

I didn't catch any of his forays into WRC, but he looked real good in the British championship.

Frankly, there are so many good drivers in Europe, but I'm holding out for the Delacour/Harding entry.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
RE: AV's set-up for Sno*Drift

Yep. He crashed on that Thursday, but showed up at the start in Henry Joy's Evo II. He was definitely fun to watch before he broke it!

So will AV have a three car team: O'Neill's Focus and Laukkanen and Diggins in Subarus? Or is Diggins sitting things out? And what about Mark Nelson?

Jerry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.