Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the Laughlin rally 01' on TV???? It's not listed on the Speedvision website. When I go to the TV link on the ARSG site the link is dead. One of the big reasons I ran Laughlin last year was to get the new car on TV in the US.

Brian

·
Registered
672 Posts
Brian,

The Ramada Express International Rally will air in both August and September on a network other than Speed Channel, but with the same reach. I can not announce the network yet pending signing the agreement.

We made every effort to air the program on Speed Channel per our previous agreement with Speedvision. Our efforts included a trip to by Roger Allison and myself to meet with the president and VP at their offices in Charlotte, NC. At that time they were encouraging and it looked like they were going to run the show. After two months of constant follow up on our part, they finally declined our program. I think they were just to busy trying to get things up and running to take the time to preview it.

They do not seem to have much interest in covering U.S. rally. I understand the SCCA had the same difficulties with Speed Channel but was able to reach a last minute agreement for coverage of the series for 2002. Hopefully Speed Channel will recognize the popularity and interest in the sport and continue this coverage next year. It?s their network to run the way they choose. We?re thankful for the coverage the sport is getting.

We invested over $25,000 in the production of our show and think it?s a nice effort. We?ll be proud to share the broadcast schedule here on Special Stage as soon as it is confirmed.

I?m sorry for the dead link on the American Rally Sport Group web site. As noted on the home page, we are doing an update on the site and many links will be dead until it is completed.

Thank you for coming out to the rally and enjoy the show!

Ray Hocker

1 - 2 of 2 Posts