Registered
335 Posts
>Mate, glad you got to keep the CRS crew on the podium, great
>drive
>well done to the other drivers and organisers, great event
>and fast smooth roads, where are all the photos, videos from
>the spectators we kept scaring??
>Leon

Hey, Leon. I went by the spectator spot on Sunday. There were 5 sets of tracks off on the left side, with yours being the only ones that had to back out. Looked like you may have gotten off the road a little after you backed up, too! Didn't back up far enough, perhaps?

One poor bloke missed the kink entirely and completely cut through the ditch on the inside of the intersection. I suppose the ride was penalty enough for shortcutting the course.

I agree that Lauchlin and Scott had a great drive. They didn't win by attrition, either. They won a lot of stages both before and after some other top guys dropped out.

It was great seeing all you guys out there. Lloyd looked great in my driving suit, and Utecht did us Minnesotans proud.

·
Registered
868 Posts
RE: Lauchlin Well done (Tabor too)

Congrats Lauchlin, Scott, and CPD!

Also contrats to Northwest regulars Mark Tabor, Kevin Poirier, and Silverstone tires for virtually wrapping up the production championship.

Dave
Car # 207

·
Registered
223 Posts
Good job, Lauchlin! It was nice to finally meet you after all of the nice things Leon has told me about you. I was happy to see you drive past us and to hear that you had won, had I not been worrying about Leon having not come in, I would have been down there congratulating you! And thank you and your crew for letting us borrow the string! Too bad it didn't work for the diff... Hope to see you soon!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Excuse the bump on this one, not trying to toot our own horn. But, thanks everyone for the kind words, it was great to be back and see friends. Scott, the team and I really needed this, thanks for the support.

Leon, starting a stage, with CRS'ers 1st & 2nd on the road on a none western event was pretty cool,eh? Sorry about the diff., you and Lloyd were battling on that last stage, would have been interesting to see the outcome. With your dust, even w/ our lead I was a bit worried going into the last stage.Some great drives on the event, who knows what Pat/Nat would have done, and Lloyd came over and had a great drive,steady and fast. Mark and Jeff-what can I say,impressive stuff. Peter W. and Alex, best personal drive yet? And incredible stage times by Bottoms (well done) and Iorio.

Hope to see you all soon!
-Lauchlin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts